SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kailleanm

Help with landscaping for new house

17 years ago

Hi all,

We recently purchased a new house and I am in need of landscaping ideas. We are in Vancouver, BC.

I would like to remain in keeping with the style of the house, and also the environment around us. We are lucky to have a little bit of the country right in the city. Next to us on one side is a ravine with a creek.

There is a lane between us and the ravine that gets a lot of foot traffic, so we'd like to put in a nice fence (living or otherwise) to replace the chain link that will give us some privacy, while also maintaining our view of the treetops in the ravine. On the other side, we would like some privacy between ourselves and our neighbour, while not suddenly obliterating his view either.

I'd like ideas for a patio in the backyard. I was thinking along the neighbor side with a pergola or some such above that I can plant vines on. Other ideas? I want to maintain most of the back lawn for my toddler son.

I'd like flowering perennials in the bed running along the garage. This is shaded by a large dogwood that you can see at the back.

The size of our lot, front and back included is, 50' w x 100' deep.

All ideas welcome. I'd like to use native plants and keep maintenance to a moderate level as I'm a busy working mom.

Thanks!

Front of house

{{gwi:10645}}

Backyard with ravine in background

{{gwi:10646}}

Another shot of the backyard

{{gwi:10647}}

Front

{{gwi:10648}}

Comments (8)