SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

Potted wedding flowers in August

neetsiepie
18 years ago

We're preparing for an August wedding and would like to use potted flowers at the wedding site. We're in zone 7 (Northwestern Oregon) and the bride wants LOTS of pink colors. We've got plenty of folks willing to pot up in preparation, but I'm just not sure what to use.

The flowers could be repotted into the display containers or they can be planted up in larger plastic pots to be set into the display containers. In other words, we can do individuals and we can do groupings...whatever would be best. Part of the deal is that we will be giving some of the potted flower arrangements to honored guests as favors, also, and others will be used to decorate the bride and grooms new home.

Would we be better off trying to sow seeds or wait until the annual starts are available at nurserys? Some of the potsitters aren't that green thumbed, so any help and suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thank you so much! I've been lurking for a while and I think I've found ANOTHER great forum!! (I'm a regular at Garden Junk)

Comments (3)