SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kristimama

Liquid organic fertilizers for containers

kristimama
16 years ago

Hi all,

I'm looking for recommendations for ORGANIC (or mostly organic/natural) liquid fertilizers that you have used successfully in containers.

I have already potted my citrus and blueberries using a variation on Al's Peat/Perlite/Bark mix with the peat component being an organic potting mix from Kellog that has all manner of bag guano and worm castings and composted bark fines in it. I also mixed in some EB Stone dry powdered fertilizers.

NOW, I just need to get some recommendations for liquid ferts that I can use "weekly, weakly"---and it's my personal preference to use something organic (or even mostly organic) on my edibles.

Any thoughts. I have seen some of the same names repeated all over GW... Dr. Earth, Espoma, fish emulsion, seaweed, tea bags, etc... but I'm wondering what has worked for YOU.

It's been years since I've used any fish emulsion, but does that stuff still stink to high heaven? Or have they figured out a way to make it stink less?

And one other question about the fish ferts... do they attract pests like racoons and skunks when they're on the plant? We have those in the neighborhood and I don't really want to put something on my plants that's going to advertise "party at Kristi's".... LOL

Thanks!

Comments (6)