SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
t_bob

--age old organic liquid fertilizer---

14 years ago

hi everyone, well i bought a 3.8 cuft bail of pro mix bx this year and made 6 straight pro mix true 5 gal pots. and since PM has no nutrients, i know i need to apply fertilizer....and for me i want organic ferts.

THERFORE, i was wondering if anyone is familiar with

"age old organics" products. especially the BLOOM, which is 5-10-5.....and what your thoughts are on it. application and any hints or feelings.

any thoughts on any other organic liquid ferts, i totally welcome any and all advice. i've yet to order anything, and can start the year out with fish fert.

BUT......and now the fun part

today is potting up day and i just love this day each year. besides the pro mix pots, i have around 25 other pots of 2 to 1 topsoil to cow composted cow poop....plus sand added in for drainage. hanging out in my hoop house and potting up my sweethearts....drooling and dreaming when i can start foraging on serranos, ho chi minhs, cayenne, bulgarian carrots, and even a few sweetish/hot ones this year....yum, i'm starting to drip spit like my 13 yr old cat when he gets scratches from me. i'll try to post some photos in a day or two. i best get off this silly machine and get my hands dirty....hottt damn---bye now

Comment (1)

• 14 years ago

I would make a tea and use that. You can buy a 50 pound bag of alfalfa pellets and use them to ferment in a 5 gal bucket. You can add other handy ferts.

I used a 35 gal tote and lay green weeds down in it. Including new grass hay. filled it up to the top lay down some bricks and filled with water. It turned dark brown water and take some out and add that to the other tea. Add more water. This will keep going most of the summer giving organic liquid ferts.

I use rain water. that is by far the best. I will also add some urine to the final product before use. just go easy.

I also add in some real good compost to the soil. Nothing like it. It will supply nutrients slowly over the entire summer.

You can purchase dry powdered kelp or seaweed very cheap like a dollar a pound. one ounce per 30 gallons is great for micronutrients. Add the alfalfa pellets and you have one powerful fertilizer.

I believe that Super Thrive is simply alfalfa tea.

If you have a cow far go pick up some good manure. add that to your tea. I would not waste money on Yuppie fertilizers. But I do spend a lot on truck loads of manure. I pay $100 for 30 yards of horse manure delivered. That is a real big truck. I also get 10 yards of cow manure for $100. It is dependent on the size of truck the farmer owns. the manure is free. the trucking is $100.

By the way I have had super results from Neptune Fish Fertilizer indoors when things are difficult. For me things go super easy outdoors in my rich garden soil.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting