SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lifestreammm

What is the most efficient liquid organic fertilizer?

lifestreammm
12 years ago

What is the liquid organic fertilizer with the most accesible nutrients for the plants? (and which I can make at home) I want to use it in my containers.

The nutrients in chemical fertilizers are immediately accessible to plants. Micro-organisms are not needed to break down any chemical compounds into simple forms.

Organic fertilizers need micro-organisms to break down the chemical compounds into plant-accessible forms. (This process of breaking down is called 'mineralization'.)

In a liquid organic fertilizer, I suppose there are complex compounds present that have not been broken down yet, but also some simple, broken-down forms which plants can use immediately. The amount of these ready-to-use forms are, I suppose, dependent on the nature of the organic fertilizer (some would have more immediately available material), and on the processes the fert went through (duration of letting it stand, any fermenting, ...).

What is the liquid organic fertilizer with the biggest percentage of these plant-accesible forms?

Thank you for your insights,

Life

Comments (28)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz