SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
frankga

Gritty Mix in Atlanta Area

frankga
11 years ago

Hi all,

I've been lurking for a while and have finally decided to assembly infamous Gritty Mix to use for my indoor plants. I've read hundreds of posts and spent several hours over the past few days trying to find another post with source information for the Atlanta/northern Georgia area but have come up empty handed. I read through the "Supplies by State/Region" post here but found nothing for this part of Georgia.

I believe I've located a source for Turface MVP (Ewing Irrigation) and am going to try some nursery/landscaping supply shops this evening to try and find pine or fir bark fines. However, I've yet to find a local source for Gran-I-Grit or Cherrystone #2. I called and emailed the manufacturer (NC Granite in Mt. Airy, NC) but have yet to get a call back. I suspect they are not interested in dealing with a buyer looking for anything less than pallets.

If there are any fellow Atlanta area gardeners out there that have found nearby sources to assemble gritty mix I'd greatly appreciate a pointer or two. Thanks!

-Frank

Comments (9)