SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skycopp

What is wrong with my blueberries?

skycopp
12 years ago

These are TopHat blueberry plants that I potted last year. They've always been green and appear to be thriving. This is the first year that they are fruiting however many of the leaves are dying off on one as opposed to just a couple on the other.

I don't remember the soil mix although I know it has peat moss in it as well as aluminum sulfate. I did a test for acidity last year and I was satisfied with the level (don't remember the numbers).

The blueberries stayed out during the winter, and for the spring I've watered ever so often (not everyday... more like every 3 days - and usually its just a light sprinkling).

My other blueberry plants in the same mix are doing well and I don't see any issues with this.

The problems appear to have started when I fertilized with Miracle Grow Plant food:

http://www.amazon.com/Miracle-Gro-100070-Azalea-Camellia-Rhododendron/dp/B000VB4TSM/ref=sr_1_1?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1335792444&sr=1-1

I thought I used the correct amount but am now wondering if I used to much.

My question is, do the photos show a fertilizer burn, or do you think it is some other issue?

If I over fertilized, what should I do to correct the issue, repot?

{{gwi:18158}}

{{gwi:18159}}

Comments (5)