SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
iam3killerbs

Moles?

iam3killerbs
13 years ago

Actually, I'm not certain whether its moles or voles, but I don't really care. And its not so much that they eat the plants (though I lost ALL my Laxton's Progress peas and half my Goliath snow peas), but the fact that they tunnel under everything.

The tunnels dislodge plants completely, they break the contact between roots and ground, and they drain away my precious water (pure sand soil and a years-long drought with no relief in sight).

I'm tired of losing plants because their roots can't grow in empty air and I'm tired of seeing the bottom drop out of my planting pits and the water vanish down the tunnels like I'd pulled the bathtub plug. What can I do?

Other places I've lived the moles have stayed in the lawn and ignored the garden. And on the rare occasion that I had garden tunnels they were close to the surface and easily collapsed. Here they seem to prefer the garden (I've wondered if its the water they're actually after), and the tunnels are as much as 6 inches down and nearly impossible to close short of digging up the bed.

?????

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz