SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lpinkmountain

Potager ideas

lpinkmountain
13 years ago

Here are the aforementioned photos. They are from a potager behind the Utopian Marketplace in Montague Michigan. I can't recommend that place highly enough, definately stop in if you are ever in West Michigan! I think they said the garden was maintained by volunteers. It surrounds the outdoor seating area in back of the store where you can eat your deli takeout.

Marigolds, chives, mint, italian parsley, nasturtiums and basil.

{{gwi:5208}}
More of the same. Varigated leaf nasturtiums, sunflowers, peppers, maybe chard of beets, something red, maybe carnations or pinks and some kind, red lettuce . . .

{{gwi:5209}}
Cabbage, varigated nasturtiums, and what looks like maybe morning glories growing up a trellis. Caution, I think morning glories or some part of them, are poisonous. Scarlett runner beans also an option, they are edible, albeit only so-so as a bean.

{{gwi:5210}}
Some colorful edible greens, more of the same, with some kind of mintish thing on the left.

{{gwi:5211}}
Dill, maybe sweet cicely or corriander, marigolds

{{gwi:5212}}
Cabbage, pansies and I dunno what with the heart shaped leaves, and something purple in the geranium family I think.

{{gwi:5213}}
Kale and violas, I think

{{gwi:5214}}
Bronze fennel in the back, maybe lavendar, some mints and probably chamomile

{{gwi:5215}}
Some kind of daisy flowered thing, more marigolds, what looks like maybe red yarrow in the background, and that globe shaped flower for drying, I can't remember it, that's the chartreuse stuff, and then purple chive blossoms.

{{gwi:5216}}

Comment (1)