SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chocolateis2b8

Hope you can help me with a id

chocolateis2b8
17 years ago

First, let me introduce myself, I am a gardener, have a real passion for plants of all types, shade gardening, aka, hostas, being my first passion, but I do have the room to do all types of gardening and I do do so, you name the type of gardening and I do it to some scale or another.

I am hoping I am posting this on the right forum, if not, please bear with me.

Because of a injury, I was unable to garden this year, but I found many of my unplanted containers reseeded themselves. All of reseeds I know as personal friends, I do a lot of container gardening when able to garden. Or at least I thought I knew them all until this little beauty showed up, it has me stumped. I know I never planted it, where it came from is a mystery. More the mystery, it came up in a container so far under the eaves it never got a drop of rain, the only water my plants got this year, nothing should be growing in the conditions this pot was in. Maybe it would have been even prettier if it actually got some water and was growing in new dirt.

I'm kind of thinking I would like to harvest the seeds, should it have time to produce any, but sure would like an id. Maybe let know if it's a noxious weed? (like I don't have enough of those growing at my place, I swear I have perella (sp) ready to take over the county I live in, I think I even saw it marching down the road towards town one day, lol)

Bear with the pics, took plenty to get a proper id.

Flower close up.

{{gwi:25276}}

flower with yardstick for scale.

{{gwi:25277}}

Close up of leaf, please note the black spots, not damage, but part of the leaf.

{{gwi:25278}}

underside of the stem.

{{gwi:25279}}

underside of the flower.

{{gwi:25280}}

over view of whole plant, remember, it is growing in very bad conditions, might be a better plant in better conditions.

{{gwi:25281}}

Comments (7)