SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julianna_il

I got a huge box of bulbs, but don't know what they are

julianna_il
17 years ago

My aunt and uncle, bless their hearts, were clearing out overgrown flower beds and knew I was in need of bulbs. So instead of tossing out all these bulbs, they boxed them up for me. They gave them to another uncle to deliver to me (we're in different towns) and by the time I got them, nobody remembered what they were. LOL.

So I have this enormous assortment (probably 200 bulbs) and I have no clue what things are.

Is there a source online that might have pics of various bulbs? I know some are magic lilies, but I can't find a picture of magic lily bulbs, and then there are either amarylis or hyacinth or maybe daffodils and/or tulips, but nobody remembers which ones. haaaa.

Then there's something called Blue Mountain, and I can't find that online at all. Never heard of it. It had tall thin blue flowers like prairie flowers of some kind.

I've already scattered some bulbs in a new flower bed I dug and I'll wait and see what erupts. I had nice surprises this year from last year's planting of clumps of day lilies from my mom's, and there were obviously bulbs from all kinds of things in those clumps. Nice surprises this spring!

Anyway, I'm looking for help identifying these bulbs. They all look like onions, from green onions to big white onions. Some are alone, and some are in these huge, stuck together clumps. I have piles.

Thank you. :)

Comments (6)