SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
midnighttulip

hyacinths and Alliums Baby Bulbs..:]

midnighttulip
15 years ago

Hi tiday i received the hyacinths i was waiting for, for a while now! anywho when i opened up the packet i saw that they were growing, they have long green leaves and even small hyacinths flower bulbs, the shipper did of course send the bulbs in an envelope and the envelope had the buble wrap from the inside, me living in ca. the whether has been rough lately, today was 95, yesterday was 90, so when i opened the envelope i saw the hyacinths leaves really really weak, kind of like when you steam cabbage. the leaves are not dried neither are the flower buds or anything everything is still green, but what worries me is if they will do fine? i already planted them in pots just because the leaves are very weak i want to wait for them to get stronger again and then re-plant them in the ground! also the flower buds are tiny, and so are the bulbs! is that normal for a hyacinths i myself have never ever had them, i did see on the net that the bulbs are pretty big in size these how ever are tiny, the biggest one i have is probably the size of a quarter and the smallest is the size of a penny.

the allium bulbs are a bigger size than the hyacinths, they look like a daffodil bulb, and looks like the leaves have been cut off for packaging, they are still green and strong though. will the Alliums also grow this year? i also planted these on a pot and some in the ground.

will the hyacinths get strong again? or will i have to wait till next year for them to bloom? will the alliums grow..?

Comments (6)