SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deusse

biggest success? biggest failure? and plans for next year...

deusse
19 years ago

hey, all! with the chill winds of autumn withering my potato vines, i'm starting too look back and plan ahead, and i just thought i'd ask you all about your past and future balcony plans (and plants!). looking back over the year, what was your favorite favorite combo, or plant, or moment, or sight, or whatever you can think of? what was the biggest disaster? and what is the balcony dream that will keep you warm this winter and inspire you in spring?

my biggest success was finding blue glazed pots, of various shapes and sizes, for all my plants -- my "balcony" is more of a windowsill, so it wasn't to hard, but a student budget is always a limitation. my biggest failure was trying a yellow pear tomato on my fire-escape -- it was torn to shreds in a windy thunderstorm -- and good thing, too, because it was getting so big that i wouldn't have survived had there been a fire. my plan for next year is to find better-looking combos for my windowsill, ones you can really enjoy from the street. (i'm only on the 2nd floor, but my plants were still too small -- sedums and rainlilies.)

what about you?? :)

heidi

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus