SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flattie_2008

Annuals you will be growing again

flattie_2008
15 years ago

Interested to hear what everyone is going to be planting this year. My list is fairly short.

1. NG Impatiens. Will definitely be increasing the amount I plant this year because they're such dependable performers with low maintenance and interesting foliage variations.

2. Coleus. Black dragon will be returning as well as another undetermined variety. Depends on what strikes my fancy when they arrive. Playing up foliage contrasts is a huge factor in my garden now, and I love that all these babies require is a little pinch from time to time.

3. Nicotiana. Back when I had the garden beds and the space to justify growing from seed I used to grow several varieties. I'm fond of them, so I was happy to find one place last year that offered 'perfume bright rose' from a boutique grower. Hope they make a return this year since I planted them amongst my ripening daff foliage and they made a nice accent statement.

4. Marigolds. I've avoided them for the past few years because the bloom colors didn't work well with my overall 'softer' color scheme. Since I let my husband pick this year's dahlia (a red and yellow cactus type) this changes my options and it's time to bring this dependable workhorse back to my garden. Also, since there are more variations in height with marigolds, I may be able to avoid the need for trailers like wave petunias.

Comments (10)