SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenfreak_gw

What's going on in the garden?

greenfreak
20 years ago

With you and the plants, that is...

4/10... 35 Asiatic lilies have broken ground, the bf planted them in a horseshoe last fall. Trying to get him interested in what I do. In the middle of the horseshoe are three pots, two large ones that each contain one 3-fan pink/yellow daylily and one 1-fan white daylily, and a small third that has one daylily in it that I got for free-I have no idea what it's going to look like.

All my 'old' tulips (some orange, some purple, some white) have foliage and flower heads about 5 inches off the ground.

Pink and purple anemone blandas are blooming and looking nice in containers.

Some blue/black muscari (muscari neglectum) are blooming but they're teeny tiny. I hope they get bigger, they're being eclipsed by the tulip foliage in the containers with them.

Tulipa Humilis Persian Pearl are blooming but they close up before I get home at night, I saw them open for the first time today!

All the foliage of the rest of the container tulips look good, with lots of flower heads poking up: tulip shirley, parrot tulip 'orange favorite', and darwin tulips in red, white and yellow.

The buds on the lilac bush are fat, and since I've started pruning the dead sections off, it's really taken off.

There is new foliage on the two mini roses in the ground and the huge climbing roses on the side of the house. Found a praying mantis egg sack in it last week, now I know where all my baby mantises always come from.

And Mr. Squirrel is accepting my peace offering of sunflower seeds far away from my bulbs in exchange for not eating them.

What's going on with you and yours??

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus