SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jodik_gw

What's Going On In Your Garden?

jodik_gw
16 years ago

Since all the other threads are getting rather long, I thought I'd begin a new one...

Right now, I'm prepping a bulb garden... I've got all the sod removed, all the soil amendments in place... all I have to do now is turn it all in together to mix it. Then I plant.

I sort of cheated... I turned a few small areas over and planted some mums and fall asters. I still have to rototill, but I'll just go around the mums and asters.

The temperatures are dropping rapidly here in zone 5. Last night was in the mid 30's, and I expect it to continue, with maybe a few more nights of warmth interspersed. Our weather patterns have been so goofy lately that I'm not sure if we'll get our usual "Indian Summer". I just want to make sure all my bulbs are in at the right time.

My indoor garden is doing good... the Papillio and the Red & Whites are growing new leaves! The Mandevilla vine is growing like crazy! Minerva is still decked out in full greenery!

It's the Apple Blossom bulb that has me worried... It feels the tiniest bit soft, although the leaves are still green and the bulb appears a healthy color. I've not watered it in a while and am waiting until it's really dry before I add any moisture. I'm wondering if I should just pull the bulb out of the soil and let it rest? I thought it was growing roots again, but now I'm not so sure... I'm kind of stumped. I don't want to lose it, but what do I do to save it?

So... what is everyone else doing in the garden? Indoors? Outdoors?

Comments (33)

Sponsored
More Discussions