SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pattm

Need some help on counter tops for kitchen

pattm
21 days ago
last modified: 19 days ago

I have a gallery style kitchen. One side will have sink, cabinet, refrigerator. This side will have white oak cabinets - upper and lower. There is an opening in the wall by the refrigerator and then there will be a buffet with upper and lower cabinets approx 66 inches long.

Across from this will be a walnut peninsula with built in over and microwave and gas stove top. The counter top is 12 feet long. At the end of the peninsula will be a round counter that people can sit at and visit with the cook.

I was all set to go with porcelain but just found out that porcelain won't work with a round application because you can get a finished edge. I've been considering Taj Mahal - quantize and quartz from cambria - specifically berkshire brass satin ridge or windsor brass satin ridge. My door handles will be a combination of gold and silver.

I am wondering what advice you have for me. I wanted something that looked more natural as far as the streaking goes... so

I'm not sure about the cambria products but the Taj Mahal seems like it might be too tame. I wanted something a bit more dramatic. My overall look is "resort sheik" and "eclectic ".

Comments (13)