SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momto4boys_gw

Counter top help for this cookie cutter kitchen..(pics)

momto4boys
16 years ago

Many of you remember my paint dilema, and were quite helpful in my color selection :)

We're now getting closer to painting the cabinets (white) and change out the counter tops. Since the red and the green (which are killing me now) will work nice with Christmas, I can wait a few more months, lol. But, we're starting to research our options, and I need some opinions.

We're looking at maybe another 2, 3 yrs in this house. Sure, something could prevent us from moving and we could be here longer. But, that's our goal. I can't see doing something like granite, because of the price. And quite honestly, I'm not a big fan.

We've looked into quarts, corian, etc. But, still pricey for us right now. I kind of like the Formica solid surface, but it's also up there compared to a few other options.

Our house is only 2 yrs old, typical brick cookie cutter house. I know we need to fit the architecture of the house, so the ideas I have may not work. That's where I need some opinions.

Dh and I really like the idea of tackling concrete. We've looked at tons of sites, pics and watched countless shows on this. Our concerns..chipping, staining, etc. The work doesn't scare us off. Dh is quite handy and we really like these kind of projects. But, with this kind of house?? Will it "fit"? Then there's resale, of course. But, if done well. What would be better? The cheesey green laminant we've got now?

There's a place here that does metal.

http://www.impervicote.com/index.html

there are no pics on their site yet. but we've seen them in person a couple times. They're so busy putting this in the homes in the area, that they haven't had much time to even work on their show room. here are a few pics from a house near by that we saw that has the metal..

They're really cool. Again, thinking of resale. They do it right over your existing counters, so no demo. I believe they're charging about $38 a square foot (not linear) installed. My math skills suck, but I think that was on the higher end of our budget. But, compared to some of the other more expensive choices, this would just really appeals to me.

So, any thoughts?? I appreciate it!! :)

Oh, and we plan on putting in a banquette. Most likely nothing that'll be bolted to the wall or anything. Cause I'm dying for better seating for my family. And anything shaped like a rooster, gets the boot, lol.

Gonna add several pics of the space.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida