SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julesnbuttons

Found Houzz on Wayback Machine

julesnbuttons
22 days ago

We tried using the Wayback Machine for backing up content on our company's website. On a personal level, I find it cool; you can find old versions of websites. I checked here and saw someone ask about it here many years ago, trying to find an old thread. So I got curious and checked houzz.com and wasn't disappointed!

This site was saved there almost 40,000 times starting in 2008. I randomly checked the year 2010. I've only been here for a couple of years so checking out the old ideabooks was a thrill. I found this one (Fabulous Florals) with lots of photos and I just love some of those designs! And very cool tips about Textural Touches on a Teeny Tiny Budget (special acknowledgment for how this one was named, love it!).

As for work, in case someone is in the same boat, we ended up looking for wayback machine alternatives. Since we want to keep track of changes on your website and check our competitors in detail, we wanted something more reliable. Also, we didn't want an online hosted archive and sites like wayback machine mostly offer this option.

Anyway, I had lots of fun exploring this and other websites I often visit. Not to mention, I am seriously in love with floral details now. Let's see what DH will have to say about the suggestions...

Comments (2)