SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thekeller4

Input on separate sink, dishwasher, pull out garbage

2 years ago

I recently wrote a post in regard to my kitchen floor plan and a wonderful commenter took significant time adjusting my original CAD to offer some insightful ideas.

I will post my main level floor plan, along with the altered kitchen post below, for reference.

I love many of the adjustments, but have two burning questions in regard to the island sink and possible separate sink/dishwasher/pull out garbage:

1. Having the sink, dishwasher, pull out garbage in a completely separate location was suggested by a Houzz commenter as a way to provide more storage/prep space in the main island and also as a way to keep all of the "dish clutter" in a new location.

I'm kind of liking this idea for the reasons stated above, however, I'm still uncertain about it as I know it is out of the norm being that the sink is facing a wall as opposed to a window, and in an "untraditional space".

What are your thoughts about this? Would you keep this separate location for the sink and dishwasher, or go back to having it in the main island?

2. Would you still do a regular size sink in the island and would you keep it off center, to allow for more prep space on one side, as well as more storage space on one side?

3. Would you keep the island sink centered, but eliminate the fridge drawers to allow for more drawer storage space? I know the fridge drawers are redundant, but I have been excited about these drawers as I chop produce 3x/day and am constantly going over to the fridge. It would be great to pull produce directly from drawers right at the island.

I would love any and all thoughts. Again, the pictures below are of my current main level plan and a "revised kitchen plan" by a Houzz commenter.

Thank you!

Comments (14)