SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thekeller4

Kitchen Sketch Redesign Help

thekeller4
2 years ago

We are in the initial CAD stage of a house build and I'm not loving the direction of the kitchen.

My desire is to put in an additional wall, so that the wall with the range, does not have to house any appliances except the range, thus, giving us more cabinetry and countertops in the main kitchen.

I would also like to adjust our island space so that I can incorporate more drawers and storage, as this will be my #1 prep area. When we decided to put our sink in the island, I overlooked the fact that this would also mean that our dishwasher and garbage pull out will also be in the island, not leaving much room for drawers, storage, etc. I still like the idea of having the sink here, as I can easily converse with others while prepping. How can I alter the island to have the best of both worlds?

To accomplish an additional wall in our kitchen I am fine with eliminating and/or adjusting certain spaces:

• Redesigning the walk "through" butler hall pantry and doing a large walk "in" butler area/scullery instead. (Large enough for sink, dishwasher, extra fridge/freezer, pantry items, and dish storage, possible coffee appliances which need 5 feet of counter space). *Coffee bar would also be great in main kitchen, depending on space...
  • Relocating one or both offices.
  • Eliminating the "open space" from kitchen to dining room and making dining room more closed off (but still an entrance from kitchen).

I'll attach our current sketch, and welcome creative input :)!

Comments (5)