SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joe_salvatore

Feedback on Kitchen Layout and Appliances

Joe S.
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I would love some feedback from this group on the layout of a kitchen and appliances we are planning in our new home. Our initial plan put the sink on the island, but my wife rejected that as she doesn't want the dirty dishes close to guests if we're around the island. I'm open to suggestions on the best placement of the refrigerator, range/cooktop, wall ovens, and sink.

In terms of appliances, I'm thinking about a 36" range. Current contenders are Miele HR 1936, Thermador Pro Grand, Blue Star RNB, or Blue Star Precious Metals (French doors are appealing).

Since I want wall ovens, I could be convinced a cooktop is a better choice but I've never owned or used one.

For wall ovens, I like the Miele XXL combi oven plumbed with vacuum seal drawer (I love sous vide cooking), but I can't decide what to pair with it. Speed oven? Warming drawer?

I'm also interested in the integrated Subzero for the refrigerator, but trying to decide the right size for columns or all in one.

We are still early in the design period, so I don't yet have CAD drawings. I appreciate any help.

Comments (21)