SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tjwtexas

Help! Just got CAD of our slabs & don't quite understand

TJW
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Our cabinets are in, slabs purchased, and after much delay, I just received CAD 'Planning Photos' from the fabricator. Our slabs are White Macaubus quartzite and we have an L-shaped kitchen. The KD has waffled, first telling us that we ABSOLUTELY want the mitered diagonal seam + sink seam so that the veining will all run horizontal/parallel to all walls . . . then she switched to 'no, have the long run parallel and on the stove (shorter) side the veins will run perpendicular to the wall.' After the L turn, there will be a section of counter, then stove, then another section of counter. Her boss said DEFINITELY should do the diagonal miter in the L, but run the stove side perpendicular. We are not concerned about the seams . . . there will be two no matter which way we go. Most concerned about which will look best, but for the life of me I cannot tell from the photos how this will look. My husband wants the parallel, as do I, but I can't "picture" it from their pictures. And yes, I went out to look at the slabs but their 'templates' were spread all around like the pics. I can't upload the pics to my ancient laptop, not enough memory. Is there any way to forward the email and upload them that way?

Comments (13)