SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
itztamm

What direction to run the veining in my kitchen layout?

T.
6 years ago

My white pearl quartzite slabs have a lot of movement (pic below) and I'm really agonizing over the dilemma of which direction to run the veins in my kitchen.

I included my kitchen layout pic. On it, the entrance to the kitchen is the reddish line at the bottom. There's also an overhang on the island bringing the 25" side to approx. 38". We've been thinking we would run the movement on all surfaces from left to right in the room (top to bottom on the pic), but I had one fabricator say he though it might look weird for the lines on the island to run that direction (maybe because the veins would run the length of the shorter rather than the longer side?). If we were to turn the movement, however, it would mean that there would be three seams on the sink-side counter run, because the slabs are only 69" high and the counter is 161" long.

I'm pretty sure that we don't have enough wiggle room to turn things at an angle either; again, because of that 69" limitation. I have to say I'd be heartbroken if I had to look for different slabs, but I also don't want to force them and make a mistake.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Comments (6)