SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
charleee

OLLD 6/29

charleee
10 years ago
Morning all! Hope everyone is happy and healthy today, we're still melting here and will be for about the next week!

Comments (299)

• mefor
    10 years ago
    Killing me softly.. Two times
  • charleee
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Cwacks you up??? hehehe
  • kimdee24
    10 years ago
    I am so tired I am ready for bed. But it's only 8:30. Mega-sigh.
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Oldbobbi, you don't like the Fugees, huh?
  • charleee
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I hear you EZ!

Ok, night all! Pleasant dreams!
  • kimdee24
    10 years ago
    It was hot here today (for us), but nothing in comparison to what Eztia and Bobbi are experiencing. We're looking at 91F for Tuesday and (for us) that is about as hot as it gets around here.
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    We seem to be getting the weather from the middle and end of July already.
    Good night Bobbi, dream of little minions, raccoons and Roberta Flack tonight, there will be a test in the morning. ;)
  • Jayme H.
    10 years ago
    minions, onions....oblivions..(not a word)...tra la la la laaaa! It's Sat. night and I think my goat has been saved...pool is up..neighbors dropping in and inbetween...I have all of U guys...So Lucky...says Jayme :)
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    My race is done, time to rest. Goodnight everyone, see you tomorrow:)
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    What a lovely song jayme!!
  • Jayme H.
    10 years ago
    Thx Mforr...Sleep Well Sunshine!
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    You too sweetie pie!!
  • Jayme H.
    10 years ago
    Thx mforr...Hope everyone else gets a good rest...stay cool, enjoys their evening!
    Thx Eztia...for all of your sweetness!
    bobbi bird...stay cool!
    Where is Roo, is she in bed? I get turned around by the time thing...
    and David, and Studio and Orange Camera and a few others...Where is our chef?
    I better shut it and relax...just thinking of all the others. STK must be busy.
    Anyhow...love u all...I am too snoopy to not check in again soon, until then..xoxoxoxo!!!!!!!!!
  • Jayme H.
    10 years ago
    Or I guess it should be..."Enjoy their evenings" vs. enjoys their evening...why do I always worry about my English?
  • Jayme H.
    10 years ago
    OK..sorry..but I can't help myself..does this animal look well to u guys?
  • Jayme H.
    10 years ago
    Notice the hip bones...back bone..poor thing..looked worse in person.
  • kimdee24
    10 years ago
    awwwwwwwwww..... glad you called about him! Ughhh that makes me angry.

Well, goodnight lovelies... I'm going to hit the hay. See you all tomorrow and sweet dreams to all of you! xoxo
  • Jayme H.
    10 years ago
    Thx Kimdee....glad u can see it too.
  • olldroo
    10 years ago
    Good night all of you, you have really outdone yourselves today - 269 EMAILS!!!! Did Feeny drop by, I don't see her posts though, she must have deleted. Anyway, Hi Feeny, missing you.

We sure are one bunch of special people with such gorgeous grands. For all you newcomers, talking about co-incidences, we had one OLLD once whose grands go to the same school as Miss 7. DDs are still yet to meet up.

Robin - congrats on your run - tomorrow will be the telling time.

Astraea, the fact that Miss 7 is in Australia while the bf is in Alaska is why they couldn't be much further apart - unless he went to visit Santa and we took a trip to Antartica. DD won't let her out of her sight at the moment, but I'm sure in years to come she will.

Jayme, congrats on saving the goat - hope you get feedback on it.

Bobbi - thanks for the link, love those Southwestern style colours, I thought they would have been perfect with Revere Pewter :))) Seriously.

Love those wedding dresses, but am stunned at the tatts on the model. Can't believe she would get work with them. Jokes very clever, love the dog getting frisked, AND the best news of all ...................

AFTER 16 STRAIGHT DAYS we finally had a sighting of the big yellow ball in the sky. Dare we hope for more???

Talking crotons too - here is mine, totally different
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Those people had better get into some trouble for that. Just awful.
    On a lighter note, what do you think that woman thought when my mommy told me to come and look at goat pictures on our thread?
    There are tears running down my cheeks, I probably woke everyone up here I laughed so loud. I'm still laughing now, OMG that looked so funny!!!
    I'm all wired up because I stayed up to watch the race. Grrrrrrr... I'll still wake up at 4 or 5... Can't help it :)
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    That lady hasn't posted anything since this, I'm still laughing, she must think we are nuts.
  • olldroo
    10 years ago
    Ooops, photo didn't attach
  • olldroo
    10 years ago
    OK - Houzz doesn't want my photo, you lot must have used up our quota for the day - for the third time
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    It's here, it's got such thin leaves, I've never seen one like that before. Must be native to your part of the world
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    You're welcome, eztia, it was my pleasure, lovely song. Bing Crosby
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Thank you, good night ladies :)
  • olldroo
    10 years ago
    Croton - could be mforr, but we have many different varieties and colours.
  • pattyannb
    10 years ago
    Roo... my new plant is just like that only it doesn't have spots...What is that?
    Night all...
    Oh... I spilled a little vodka (mix) tonight on my oak floors... when I wiped it up... OMG! I think I found the best cleaner ever.... LoL... I think it took off some of the whatever they put on it to keep it whatever...
    STK?... I have used vinegar, but it leaves a film, cloudy, stuff on the floor... I have tried pretty much everything..
    The doggy paws, and the sand from the beach always seem to be a major problem... Oh, and I think the bare feet... OK... time for a mindless game on facebook... Hugs to all of you..
    charleee thanked pattyannb
  • Jayme H.
    10 years ago
    Mud racing, grandchildren in the sand, plants, crabs: some of which are human, bargains, projects, excessive heat, laughter & fun....welcome to the OLLDS...
  • olldroo
    10 years ago
    Patty, that is my croton, no idea what it could be without the spots. I chose it because it goes with my black/yellow dining room........... when I work out where to put it exactly.

Alcohol does have great cleaning qualities, makes you wonder what it does to the stomach sometimes. And for cleaning driveways and concrete areas there is nothing like Coca Cola. It is also great for cleaning greasy mechanics overalls.

Jayme - you forgot saving the animals.
  • Jayme H.
    10 years ago
    Roo...alcohol corrodes the stomach...also esophagus..in excess...plus it burns the liver..but who am I to be a party pooper?

...Yes..and also saving animals! Or at least trying to....

Also..Coca cola has been used in healthcare to unplug nasogastric tubes...which are inside of patients...

xoxo Roo
  • Jayme H.
    10 years ago
    Yes Pamela..I am a stray that showed up here...they took me in...LOL ...welcome
  • Jayme H.
    10 years ago
    Chat with u all tomorrow..or later today! LOL...come back Pamela..glad to meet u!
  • olldroo
    10 years ago
    Hi Pamela, nice to have another Aussie on board to help me keep these Yanks under control. I'm only down the road on the northern side of Sydney. The OLLD actually stands for Old Ladies Love Design and this daily thread was formed by a group of regulars as we kept hijacking other people's for our personal little catchups. We have now expanded our age group by taking in some "trainees" - after all someone has to continue the good work when we get to forgetting who we are and our arthritic fingers refuse to type. We have also taken a couple of Roosters into the Henhouse, but Sir David of Ironwood is in our prayers at the moment as he is not a well man, so we just have Kutchie to help out with the professional "man" things. Most of the Ollds are in the US of course, with 3 in Canada (and by co-incidence quite near each other), 2 in Scotland, one in Switzerland and one in Holland who drops by occasionally. Hope I've left no one out, I will be in serious trouble.

How are you surviving this rain? I'm probably feeling it more as my 2nd DD who lives in LA arrived with grands to spend 4 weeks here and so far in the first 16 days they have only gotten out once to do the sightseeing things they enjoy.

We start a new thread each US day - which is usually around 8pm our time, for the previous day, always under OLLD and the date written the US way. What gets discussed is in the lap of the Gods.
    charleee thanked olldroo
  • olldroo
    10 years ago
    Yes it is belting down here again now and even if it does let up, it will probably be days before it is dry enough to go a lot of places. I do hope the silicone works on the skylight, the buckets in the loungeroom (or anywhere) would be a nightmare.

I have just renovated both my bathrooms and put those fan/heater/lights in - they make a huge difference. The Yanks can't work out how we put them in the roof as we do without them causing problems.

Good TV night tonight at least. Catch you later on tomorrow's thread.
  • DIAspoton
    10 years ago
    welcome to the fun pamela.
    4:55AM here in SE US. my dogs woke me for no apparent reason.
    that's funny about your husband wanting you to admire his handy work it seems universal that a woman can do 100 thiings without expecting recognition or praise and a man does one chore, however mundane, and has to call us to show it off!

roo, bath light/fan/and heater? will it really warm the room quickly? my GC is supposed to install a fan/ light this week. i'd love to get one with aheater. the bath has high ceilings with a skylight and is always called in winter.
  • charleee
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Hello Pamela, and a very warm welcome from California where we are broiling with heat! It's 3 AM and the temp "dropped" to 80 from 112 (which is about 44 C). Everyday we start a new thread in the "Other" section of Houzz. We try to keep the title consistent so it's searchable - OLLD and the current date. I'll open 6/30 if no one else has already, please join us, we're always looking for fresh ideas!
  • charleee
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Oh good! I thought I'd have to learn a new language! hehehe
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    Welcome Pamela, I am Angela from South Florida
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Good night, Pamela, nice to meet you for a brief moment, I'm Michele from NJ, I'll talk to you when you come back to us, sweet dreams!! :)
  • charleee
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Pamela, watch out for mforr, she's trouble! hehehe
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    Yes she is
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Oh, Bobbi, I'm just your faithful minion. I have two eyes!!
    Go walk that dog, Angela!!! I'll give you guys troublemaker!!
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Yes, I'll be pouring them down oldbobbi's back!!! There's your trouble now woman!!!! Mwah hahaha!!
  • charleee
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Evil laugh! Evil laugh! Michele, go to 6/30, you can start more trouble there :))
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    I'm already starting trouble there!! ;)
  • evierh
    10 years ago
    I shut down my pc about 3 pm Saturday, to attend a graduation party. When I logged on this morning, there were 248 (I kid you not) new posts to this OLLD 6/29 discussion! I'm overwhelmed just thinking about reading that many .. think I'd better just start with Sunday!
  • olldroo
    10 years ago
    Beat you Astraea - when I logged on this morning I had 265.
  • charleee
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Roo! What time is it there? Go to bed young lady!
  • evierh
    10 years ago
    Roo - that was just for THIS discussion; there were more notifications from other discussions!!