SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
molly4669

Nuage Quartzite? like it?

Regina Work
6 years ago
I'm thinking of buying 3 slabs of Nuage Quartzite to cover my kitchen, with possible leftovers for a bath.
It's polished. It's a little busy for my tastes, and the color with its hint of green on the grey is pretty in most places. The stone wholesaler took out a knife and tried to scratch it, but I couldn't tell how hard they were pressing and they claimed they were out of lemon juice. Sigh. Before I actually buy it I'm going to use the glass test. Mostly? Do you like it now that you've used it?

Comments (58)

• Pj
    5 years ago

Would you mind sharing photos? Definitely in love with this stone and saw it for the first time a week ago. Just worried it might overpower the kitchen vs. my backsplash / be too busy. It was so beautiful it made me dance!

• Related Discussions

New Mont Lucia Quartzite Beautiful (like marble) Real Quartzite?

Q

Comments (23)
    My quartzite was labeled Quartzite Gioia. However it looks a lot like some of the other quartzites that I seen seen on this thread. Someone mentioned that the stones are not always labeled consistently. It is a little grayer than I would have preferred but I still love it. we have been in our new house since Thanksgiving or so. Absolutely no etching or staining. The only problem I have had is trying to decide on a backsplash tile.
    ...See More

Nuage quartzite

Q

Comments (6)
    Hi Marguerite. Those look like nice slabs. Here's a pic showing it against green. I see it as greenish gray. SW Dorian Gray goes well with it. We have had it installed for 2.5 years and it is still perfect - no chips, stains or etches and we use our kitchen heavily. I am very happy with the durability. Some have asked if it is marble as my island has a lot of white marble-looking areas. Remind your fabricator to seal the inside of any holes as our soap dispenser hole developed a shadow around it right after it was installed. We removed the dispenser, let it dry out, and then sealed it. Since then, no issues.
    ...See More

Quartz or quartzite that looks like Carrara marble??

Q

Comments (6)
    I can’t see the picture, but if what you really want is to look exactly like Carrara marble, then Carrara it is. No matter how much the quartz companies try to emulate marble, it’s not marble. (Don’t get me wrong, there are lots of beautiful quartz patterns, but they won’t fool a marble lover.) And quartzite is quartzite, it really doesn’t look like marble. The closest you might come is Super White quartzite (which isn’t actually quartzite but dolomitic marble), it etches like marble, so if what you really want is Carrara you might as well go for it. We chose Opus White quartzite and I love love love it, but it is darker grey and nothing like marble IMO.
    ...See More

Help with Countertop - is this Quartzite/Which do you like?

Q

Comments (1)
    "Looks like" is not a scientific diagnosis as to whether or not something is quartzite. Test please. In person.
    ...See More
  • Pj
    5 years ago

The one I looked at didn't resemble the Tahitian Cream, but more the inital poster and subsequents.

• Pj
    5 years ago

• winesnob24
    5 years ago

PJ,

Sorry it took so long to respond. I hope these pictures help. The floor, Silver Travertine, is very busy and my wife and I had the same thought. However the counter top is a very light grey and the veining is varied and spaced far enough apart not to clash with the floor. Some of the pictures make the counter tops appear darker than when you see them in person

• Pj
    5 years ago

Oooh. So pretty. Going to see some slabs tomorrow. Huge thanks!! On phone in sun, but can tell it looks great!! Much appreciated!!!!

• Pj
    5 years ago

Agree. Actually not terribly busy when the waves get sliced. Many many thanks!!

• Sarah Campbell
    4 years ago

can anyone update how their Nuage Quartzite has held up? we are looking to purchase but are nervous..4 kiddos! we have a back granite in mind.

• HU-314808349
    4 years ago

Condensation from a glass of water for 5 hours. Worse than marble. Total junk. We wanted a simple white granite look. Got sold on this. Buyer beware.

• wilson853
    4 years ago

We have it and it has been impervious to everything. No staining, etching, or chipping after 18 months. Our fabricator sealed it after installation.

• karin_mt
    4 years ago

The different anecdotes above underscore the idea that, by far, the best thing to do is get a sample and test it as much as you can.

• winesnob24
    4 years ago

I Same comment as Wilson 853. We have had no problems in two years. However, I will admit we have never left anything damp or wet sit on the stone for five hours.

• Marguerite Mastromatto
    3 years ago

I just found this Nuage, although another stone center called it Naida Quartzite. I have a porcelain brick floor and cabinets are Waypoint painted hazelnut glaze (sort of a sandy blonde). This stone appears as a taupey celadon in the warehouse, although sometimes it appeared very light grey. Has anyone had further staining or etching issues? I'm deciding between this stone and an Ijen Blue Quartzite.

• tennis_bf
    2 years ago

not sure if you are still curious, but we bought the Nuage Quartzite to use on our island and fireplace surround. We LOVE it, have had no issues and have had rave reviews from friends and family who have seen it....

• Bella
    2 years ago

Just having mine installed. Stunning!

• MARTI JONES
    2 years ago

Has anyone put this with brown cabinets and have pictures?

• Bella
    2 years ago

Not quite finished yet but yes…dark brown cabinets with nuage

• MARTI JONES
    2 years ago

Bella, do you reremember what whwhat yyou paid per sqft?

• raulli
    2 years ago

I just installed Nuage Quarzite in a kitchen and bathroom that has Oak cabinets.  The cabinets being real wood and in great shape, I couldn't rip them out so was nervous what countertop material would go.  Nick the owner at Tarpon Marble in Palm Harbor FL knows his slabs.  I love all the clouds or movement in Nuage.  

Best advise I can give is make sure being able to go to the Fabricator is part of the project.  I was able to talk where the clouds would be and it turned out fabulous at least for my liking.  Approx. $107/square foot from demo to install.

• Bella
    2 years ago

My project was full house Reno so I had allowances. I paid way too much, I’m sure

• MARTI JONES
    2 years ago

Is it finished?

• chestnut3
    2 years ago

Winesnob24 if you're still around can you comment on how well your Tahitian Cream has held up? I have 3 slabs on hold but am a little worried about the staining that can occur due to the water used during fabrication, certain kind of silicon etc. I have a very reputable fabricator but just trying to avoid all possible problems!

• Regina Work
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I can say that my nuage was the best decision I made in my entire renovation. I get compliments ALL the time! As for holding up its now been 3 yrs and it looks as good as new. No chips, no scratches, and the shine is unreal. Also tough as nails cuz I can put hot pots on it and it’s 100% fine!! Score

• MARTI JONES
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Here is the slab we are getting… just need to figure out what color cabinets!

• winesnob24
    2 years ago

Chestnut 3

Yes I sm still around. After nearly 4 years of use, our counters have no stains, scratches, watermarks or chips. We reseal them every year, clean them monthly with stone cleaner and wipe them after each use with a damp microfiber cloth.

We just completed a ”to the studs”renovation of our primary suite. We made several trips to the stone yard before agreeing on vanity countertop, a simple white quartz.

During those visits we saw a number of new stones that were unavailable 4 years ago. However, we had no trouble agreeing that non of those stones could replace our Nuage.

It was the right choice then and it is the right choice now.

• chestnut3
    2 years ago

Thanks winesnob! Good to hear,

• MARTI JONES
    2 years ago

What is everyone doing for a backsplash? I don’t want it to be busy!

• Bella
    2 years ago

I did the quartzite for backsplash also. Agree, I was afraid it would be too busy. I did a white quartz ledgestone for backplash in the bar area and it looks stunning

• Olga S.
    2 years ago

Please I need help don’t know which one to pick between the nauge, Mont Blanc or fusion for my kitchen??

• Olga S.
    2 years ago

Here is.

• Olga S.
    2 years ago

Other clear photo of the Venchi Fusion

• Olga S.
    2 years ago

Here a pick my kitchen

• MARTI JONES
    2 years ago

Thats a tough one! I think I’d go with the bottom if you want bold

• Bella
    2 years ago

Almost complete!! They can’t seem to finish🙄

• Bella
    2 years ago

@olgasmith I’m also a fan of bold with white cabinetry. I say bottom one

• winesnob24
    2 years ago

Wow!

The flow and depth of movement in the Fusion piece is absolutely incredible. It looks like it would be as much at home on a museum wall as it could be in your kitchen. Yet that might also be an issue.

Depending on how that slab is cut into pieces, that dramatic flowing effect could end up looking disjointed and uncoordinated.

If you can, i would suggest you have your fabricator or designer tape your layout on the slab to see how it would look before you decide.

• chestnut3
    last year

Hi there. Resurrecting this thread (again) to request some pictures. I have 2 slabs of Tahitian Cream and am working on veining/layout with my fabricator. Could those of you with Tahitian cream quartzite from Dal Tile or Nuage or Naida quartzite please post some pictures of your kitchens? I am particularly interested in how you dealt with the flow of the veining especially if you have an L-shape. My slabs have veining going in all directions. I have a 50x80 island, a long (drop in) sink wall, then the L then another long wall with an induction cooktop. Trying to make it flow well.
    Thank you!

• Regina Work
    Original Author
    last year

• Regina Work
    Original Author
    last year

Hi, i have Nuage Quartzite. i absolu LOVE it. ive had it 5 years now and its still the most beautiful thing to me. My fabricator cut the slabs so that the two counters opposite each other mirrored each othe. note in the last photo there is what we loving refer to as the tornado. its located on the bottom left of the picture. he was able to get one in the counter opposite as seen in picture 3 bottom right. A good fabricator should be able to help you with what might compliment each joining

• chestnut3
    last year

Regina this is stunning! I was worried about mine being too busy but seeing it on a counter and not just a slab is reassuring! Gorgeous thanks for sharing.

• Tara Brown
    10 months ago
    last modified: 10 months ago

• MARTI JONES
    10 months ago

It’s absolutely beautiful stuff! We’ve had ours for a year now and I love cleaning my counters!! i use Thieves household cleaner diluted in a spray bottle and it seals them and doesn’t streak at all!! Love them!

• 3staceyk
    8 months ago

All the pictures make everyone’s Nuage look grey(as does my picture). But in real life mine is more greige, with green tint and some brown. Wonder if anyone else’s is actually less grey.
    Here’s my slab-hoping I’ll love it!

• Rachel Garrett
    last month

I'm thankful for this thread! Here is one of the two slabs of Nuage that I have reserved for my kitchen counters. My worry right now is about it holding water. I've heard from several people now that lighter quartzites are holding water lately, resulting in many water blotches that are hard to manage. I'm going with a reputable installer who has plenty of experience with quartzite. They have a room that they heat to dry it out, and they dry it as long as it takes before install. But even then, some of these lighter ones are "thirsty" and may need sealed very frequently to prevent the water splotches. Has anyone had that trouble with Nuage, specifically?

• Regina Work
    Original Author
    last month

So I'm the OP of this thread. 6 years later I LOVE LOVE LOVE this quartzite so much. I get more compliments on our kitchen counters than almost any other thing we've done in this house. I had enough left over to put it in my master bath and so I feel like I can speak to this issue. I had mined at install and then maybe one more time? Not sure. But I can say that mine is still very beautiful & shiny. We put EVERYTHING on it without protection and it's incredibly tough. Are there some spots that have dulled? Not really. Even in my bathroom. It's so versatile and the light in my kitchen hits it and it changes depending on the day.

as you can see from this photo, it's still pretty shiny. And in addition to my island I have two arms that form a U shape and the installer was able to capture these tornado markings that match on both ends of the U!

• Regina Work
    Original Author
    last month

took this Dec 24th 2023

• Rachel Garrett
    11 days ago

I'm resurrecting this thread to hope to hear from you all! I just had Nuage installed, and it is staining incredibly easy. If a drop of oil is on there even 15 minutes, there's a stain. Any moisture makes marks that fade over time, but the oil stays. The installer did not prepare me for this! They said just don't leave lemon juice spills on overnight, etc. What did you all use to seal it if Nuage has worked for you? It's so crazy that the installer thinks I should be ok with such a touchy stone.

• Regina Work
    Original Author
    9 days ago

mine has a shine to it, it came polished. then my installer also sealed it. and i think ive sealed it once sinch install. its not honed, is yours? anyway i do not have this issue. i would either reach out to the installer or seller. if its honed it might need something

• Regina Work
    Original Author
    9 days ago

Is yours honed? have your indtaller or seller get on this. mine is polished and sealed. oil wipes right up

• Rachel Garrett
    9 days ago

It's polished and they said they sealed it twice! They are coming out on Wednesday to see what's up, but I'm discouraged because they are acting like this is normal and I should expect this. Absolutely not! Here's the crazy part: The fabricator gave me a sample to test and it did awesome. Then they installed the countertops, and they stained with oil the first day when I cooked dinner that night! Grease came out of the pan and onto the counter. I've tested side-by-side the sample they gave and my counter. My counter has a faint stain in 15-20 minutes of a tiny dab of oil. After 1.5-2 hours, it's a deep, dark stain. However, I can leave a thick puddle of grease on the sample, and nothing! It washes off great without a trace. Does not seem above board to me at all