SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
renee_bursey

Hardwood Flooring Dilemma

Renee Bursey
10 days ago

Hi there! My husband and I have been wanting to do a renovation on our house for years (opening the kitchen by removing a wall to the dining room/living room, new kitchen, new flooring and paint throughout the entire house, lighting, etc). It was built in 1993, and we purchased it in 2017. Last year we finally decided now was the time, however we just cannot pick the hardwood flooring and this is causing everything else to be at a standstill! We love that our house is traditional so we want to keep some traditional elements, but it definitely needs to be updated - especially lightened throughout as everything looks dark and heavy! Some people are suggesting a very neutral floor (light, brushed white oak), but my gut is telling me it's not the look I want for our house and something a smidge darker (but not too dark) with a sheen (I guess, more traditional) would suit it much better. I picture a white dove or swiss coffee throughout with medium brown flooring. I would love to hear any thoughts or recommendations on flooring as we're open to suggestions. Maybe some ideas or suggestions will help open my eyes! Am I too afraid of a big change?!?!

Comments (8)