SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lauren_barette

Any experience with Duravana line of flooring from lumber liquidators?

Lauren B
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hi all! LL Flooring (new lumber liquidators?) Has a new line of flooring called Duravana. Anyone have any experience with it? I love the specs, but it looks brand new - no Google hits, in fact it looks like the name was just registered in August. Anyone installed it yet, first impressions? Any experience with how lumber liquidators backs up their products in case of issues? Thanks for any thoughts! https://www.llflooring.com/p/duravana-7mm-and-pad-bay-bridge-oak-waterproof-hybrid-resilient-flooring-7.56-in.-wide-x-50.63-in.-long-10052721.html

Comments (152)

• Ryanne
    last year

We have Bay Bridge Oak installed. It has a very light natural look (even though the pics below make it look a bit darker) but we absolutely love it!

• PRO
    Heather
    last year

I'm interested in the new color options just released on the Duravana line. I took some samples home and I think I want to move forward with the flooring option. I love the durability and water proofing capabilities. What I'm mostly concerned with at this point is sound. Does it sound like LVP? I know there's no PVC, but does that mean it sounds like engineered hardwood? The core is supposed to be made of a wood composite. Does anyone have any input here? Any favorite underlayment options that are highly recommended for sound dampening? Thank you all!

• Related Discussions

Lumber Liquidators Tranquility Vinyl vs. Home Depot TrafficMaster

Q

Comments (0)
    Hello, We're trying to finalize flooring decisions for our moisture/water vulnerable basement. We're going with flooring options that either don't care or are easy to clean/dry/replace if they get wet. In one area, we're going with Flor carpet tile. But, in another area, we're considering vinyl planks. From what we understand, they're waterproof if there's a flood.We're trying to pick between LL's Tranquility product (on sale at $2.24/sq ft with a 50 year warranty) vs HD's TrafficMaster Allure Ultra ($2.97/sq ft with a lifetime warranty). Now, for my wife and me (in our 40s), there's not a lot of difference in the warranty; we're not likely to be in the house when the Tranquility's warranty runs out. And, the Tranquility feels much more substantial than the TrafficMaster. So, does anyone have any experience with either of these products? Any other opinions? Thanks! Tiger
    ...See More

do not use lumber liquidators or schon products

Q

Comments (32)
    I purchased a significant quantity of schon flooring I bought a LL because their sample flooring most closely matched the exhisting flooring that was in the house when we purchased it I know you can never match exactly but it was close I wish I had red the reviews posted above before I purchased the floor. We did not buy the most expensive but bought a mid -range engineered red oak floor or should I say i thought it was. There are several things that upset me when I opened the box !st there are no expansion cuts in the flooring, it was made where? Virginia or China both are listed on the box. I wood on the bottom layer is cheap looking , the wood had been in the house for several months so it should have been climatized to the area , 2nd most of the floor is warped & I am not sure what to do about that, if a floor is dried properly one would think it shouldn't warp to that extent. 3rd color variation I am aware that there are color variances in every product but PINK when is red oak flooring that color & it is predominate in all the boxes along with some other various and assorted in descirbable colors for which there is no name.
    ...See More

What do you think of Lumber Liquidators flooring and installers?

Q

Comments (5)
    We installed 720 sf of the Morning Star Click bamboo flooring sold by Lumber Liquidators in June of 2013. The material finish scratches easy, however, the scratches are the least of our problems. The cupping started with the shorter pieces in the hallways. By December 2013, the entire installation was cupping and gaps appeared in random areas. When LLI was contacted about the defects, we were informed that the condition was not covered under their warranty. In reading the various reviews on independent sites for this product, it seems that there is a chronic problem with scratching, cupping and separations. Lumber Liquidators will use any excuse to avoid any liability for providing their customers with a very poor product. Our first mistake in selecting our new floor was believing that the reviews on the LLI site were unbiased reviews. The product reviews on the LLI website are "selected" reviews. Gee....I wonder who selects them. Our second mistake was actually purchasing this product. We will have to replace our eight month old floor and it sure as heck will not be with a product supplied by Lumber Liquidators. We learned a $5,000.00 lesson the hard way⦠donâÂÂt make the same mistake. The LLI warranty should be condensed to read: âÂÂWarranty is void if material is removed from factory packagingâÂÂ. STAY AWAY FROM LUMBER LIQUIDATORS!!!!!!!!!!
    ...See More

Bellawood from Lumber Liquidators

Q

Comments (89)
    During the pandemic my husband and his sister & brother in law installed LL red cumaru flooring in our downstairs kitchen, living room, dining room, one bedroom, 2 closets, entryway and hallway. The in laws had previously professionally installed the same flooring in their home, and had purchased installing equipment and helped other family install the same flooring. We really had very little waste, far less than the 10% recommended. We took the time to take wood from at least three boxes and lay them out for the best color arrangement. We love the flooring (we did a nail in install). I am very sensitive to chemicals, so the glue down install was not an option for us. We don't have the skill to do the stairs, so have put off that install until we find someone who can install it for us. Our top step up is almost two inches taller then the rest of the other twelve stairs so not sure how to adjust for this. If anyone has any ideas/suggestions for the stairs please comment/reply. We have flooring left over to do the other downstairs bedroom which I am currently using as a closet/sauna.
    ...See More
  • Elizabeth Miller
    last year

It does have a small amount of padding. Already attached to it. We just installed it with a vapor barrier over our slab. I don’t find it very noisy at all. The manual does recommend underlayment if your subfloors are uneven but they recommend the LL Flooring underlayment which is expensive compared to comparable products. I have posted earlier in this post. We are finally doing the other side of our house (2300sqft total now) and we have had the first half done for 6 months. We are very happy with it. 1st photo is our living room in foggy bottom oak. This is our hallway we are in the middle of installing. It wasn’t hard to DIY install once we got over the learning curve and followed the manual to a T. We have two VERY active dogs and the floors have held up wonderfully. No buckling or chipping (except one place where I dropped a box blade from a ladder with the edge out but I was able to repair that with a floor repair kit on amazon).

• Raina S
    last year
    last modified: last year

Ryanne, did you put cabinets on top of Duravana?

• Ryanne
    last year

@Raina S - no we did not. My husband is a flooring installer he says it is not advised to lay cabinets on top of laminate.

• Kevin Brunk
    last year

We had the Duravana Sagrada Oak flooring installed in our house this past week. We live in a 2BR/2BA ranch in Florida. The work involved removing old carpet and laminate in our living room, dining room, lanai, and both bedrooms including the carpeted closets. One review commented on an odor associated with the flooring. While there was a slight smell the day the boxes were delivered inside to acclimate, it quickly dissipated and I can say there is no odor during or post-installation.

While we were able to stay in the house during the install and we paid to have the installers move furniture, prior to the install we removed all small furniture, knickknacks from furniture shelves, cleared closets, packed away any clothing (because there IS dust during the demo), and kenneled the dog. At the suggestion of the project manager, we also removed any pictures with glass frames from walls just in case any tapping knocked something off. The added benefit of this prep work on our part is that it gave us a chance to go through our "stuff" and give away, Goodwill, or discard that which we haven't used since we moved here. We even did a second round when we put it back!

We were extremely pleased with the installers (Stellar Floor Covering LLC) selected by LL Flooring. The install of ~1100 sq ft required 3 days. The crew of 2 showed up each day and went straight to work. One day required a third person who removed our ceramic tile entryway and who also helped that day doing installation. Instead of demoing the existing flooring through the entire house at once, the worked their way through the house, demoing, cleaning (sweeping and vacuuming the demo'd floor), and installing to minimize how much furniture movement was required. It was clear that this professional crew knew the product and how to install it. As they worked, they also installed felt padding on the larger pieces of furniture so that it could easily slide on the installed flooring.

Because the existing molding on our walls is white, we opted for the white quarter round to finish the edges rather than the matching Sagrada Oak quarter round. We're pleased with our choice. The finished installation looks stunning.Our task now, after re-arranging our furniture, is to choose carpets for the furniture groupings.

Since we haven't really "lived" with the Duravana product yet, we can't remark on its performance or wear. But, we're certainly pleased with the purchase and installation process and the initial result. Everyone at LL Flooring, too, has been professional and answered all our questions both prior and after install.

So far, we're pleased.

• Ann Fyfe
    last year

Hi, I am about 9 months in with this Hybred floor and it chips with a drips. we have 2 small chips so far and not sure what they are from. Will be testing their warranty.

• RootsRecords
    last year

any movement on the warranty from LL Flooring ?

• Ann Fyfe
    last year

I have not contacted them yet, I have until Feb. 2023. Interested in others experiences with the floor.

• Angie Fawzy
    last year

Guys what's the price of this product?

• millworkman
    last year

Call LL, everything is different and different regions may very well be different. @Angie Fawzy

• Kevin Brunk
    last year

The price of the flooring is likely based upon where you are in the US as well as what options you choose. We were able to buy ours during a sale and also got a rebate. As "millworkman" commented, you're best bet is to call or visit a showroom. @Angie Fawzy

• Darlene Magolski
    last year

Hello, we installed it in February this year and our installer had trouble at first connecting the planks. He kept chipping the end but then got it under control. We found a few planks had blemishes on them. LL Flooring exchanged them for us, no problem, during our install. My husband dropped a very heavy glass bowl in the kitchen that broke and made several nicks in the floor. Lowes sells a product called Brutus touch-up putty. Our floor is bay bridge oak, and the tan/beige putty is a very good match. We touched up the nicks and if you didn't know about the nicks you won't even notice them. I want to make it clear (like the bowl/lol) that this was a very large and heavy glass bowl. We really love them because of the 22 different planks and how they look at different times of the day due to the change in sun light. The floor is really beautiful. Our complete first floor, even the closets have it and it is so nice to have 1 type of floor throughout the house. Even the bathroom. Water has not been a problem and they very easy to clean and maintain. I use a cordless vac and a spray mop with a pad. Lightly spray with water to clean and add a touch of vinegar.

• J Melton
    last year

We are trying to decide between the Durvana (Urban Mist) and the Dream Home 12 mm Waterproof Laminate (Valley Crest).

We bought a box of both. Hubby loves the Durvana Urban Mist. I am nervous about it because the reviews I've read are mostly bad regarding chipping (*after* the floor is laid). Also? The pieces we've seen in the box have some odd dark blemishes (some look like knots, which is fine, but some are so small it almost just looks....dirty.)

The Valley Crest laminate is beautiful, and at 12 mm quite thicker. Hubby doesn't like it as much because there's a tad bit of rose/tan hue to it (just barely, I think it would be fine). But there are zero blemishes in it.

I'm also fine with laminate. We had laminate previously (11 years - dream home driftwood dunes) and it still looked new the day our contractor pulled it up (just last week.) The ONLY reason we are doing a new floor is because we are actually doing a full reno - down to the studs, moving walls, new cabinets, raising ceilings, etc.

Those of you that loved your Durvana when installed, how has it held up? Also, anyone have installed in baths? We want a nice flow of floor so we are hoping to install *everywhere*.

• Ryanne
    last year

@J Melton - We have had our Duravana Bay Bridge Oak floors installed for about 6 months now and with 3 crazy dogs running around and renovations still going on, they have held up great! The only issues we had with chipping was during the installation process. We’ve had no issues with chipping or scratching of these floors, which is amazing considering what our dogs put it through!

• HU-237416649
    last year

We had our Durvana installed 9 months ago and we love it!! Very durable. I’ve read reviews about the chip and I think that is people installing it not know how to cut or work with the product. So, we had LL flooring do the install so we would have a guarantee on any issues that might come up.

• Kevin Brunk
    last year

We've had it installed for only 2 months, but we've experienced no chipping. We're still pleased with the product. It's easy to keep clean. We have a small dog, and as a couple, don't really expose the floor to much "stress" - we don't have grand kids running around, we don't bowl or play floor hockey in the house, so I'm not sure how representative we are of a high activity household that might challenge the flooring!

• Dale Gibson
    last year

First, no offense to anyone who has this product installed, but I conducted my own durability tests against SPC based vinyl planks as part of researching a new home build. The Durvana chips and gouges WAY easier! In defense of this product it is essentially "waterproof" laminate, at least that's what it appears to be. For about the same price one could do something like SuperCore which is a much more durable SPC based LVP with a really thick wear layer and crazy dent resistance.

• J Melton
    last year

Following back up - I wish I had never purchased. As part of a full renovation, we purchased Durvana Urban Mist and our contractor installed (and his crew was familiar with Durvana and installation requirements/methods).

Before we even were able to sleep in our home, after being out for almost 2 months, we found chips all over on moving day (since we had taken down to the studs, our GC had everything moved out before the reno, and then moved back in).

These were professional movers - nothing was broken, etc.

Yet the floor is chipped in soooo many places.

Buyer beware. :(

• IsaBelle Rowsey
    last year

Oh no, so sorry to hear this!

• nanamorr
    last year

Do NOT buy. This stuff chipped so easy while installing and continues to chip after installation. In addition to the edges being very fragile it top surface is now chipping and pitting

• nanamorr
    last year

More pics

• nanamorr
    last year

Do not buy

• Jnette Lloyd
    last year

@Nanamorr thanks for updating the thread with your experience though I'm sorry that happened for you. Did you ask the company to replace the flooring?

• nanamorr
    last year

I'm in the process of filing a claim with LLF. Flooring was tested by LLF test center in VA, supposedly no issues... waiting for inspection. I'm trying to hire an inspector, but LLF says they have to be NWFA certified, but the few NWFA certified inspectors I talked to said they won't do it since the flooring is not wood. LLF says they will pay for inspection using a company out of Florida, but if they are paying for the inspection, I have no access to the report

• Jnette Lloyd
    last year

It seems warranties are pretty much worthless on must of the things we buy regardless of price.

• Cyp Jab
    last year

I installed the Lake Worth Oak throughout the house myself. At first my planks were chipping, maybe wasted 3 on that, but after following the recommended installation procedure by putting a small piece of plank in between the plank and the plastic piece before hammering, chipping didn't happen with that. But unfortunately, if you drop a sharp object on it, it will chip. Ironically, dropping a hammer on it didn't damage it at all. If it does chip, fill it with wood filler and color it with a marker. It mends well with glue and you won't even notice it after a while. Another good thing with this floor is it seems to have no fumes or bad smell, it just smells of wood and it weighs much less than vinyl plank. To avoid chipping from furniture, put felt on all furniture feet. I tested this flooring's waterproof feature by submerging a piece in water for a week! That piece did not change in hardness or shape, that tells me it is indeed waterproof.

• PRO
    Heather
    last year

Any anyone steam mopped this type of flooring? I'm not seeing very much information on it, but if it's indeed waterproof, I would think that it could handle a steam mop?

• nanamorr
    last year

i would not recommend

• David Buch
    11 months ago

We had Duravana flooring installed in our new house in Aug 2022 and have experienced a lot of buckling. it was installed over a raised cement slab. initially the buckling was isolated to one area. After we moved in we were told to wait until the air conditioner has been run for a few weeks. We waited for approximately 3 months with no appreciable change. The installer came back and trimed the flooring in the affected area and made it right. However, more buckling started to show up in new areas in addition to the area previously addressed. My builder has been trying to work with LL Flooring for months now and has been getting the run around.

I’m interested to hear if others had similar experience and resolution.

• Lee Pavone
    9 months ago

I installed Duravna flooring early spring 2023 for my kitchen. After damp mopping for weekly cleaning I've already got one are wherethe floor is chipping at the edges.

Also on the opposite end of the kitchen along my bathroom wall I had a leak inside the wall which drained down and hit the floor this area of the flooring decompossed.

I installed vinyl plank flooring in the basement and although is scratches more easily it has performed better and my next flooring job will not be Duravana.

• ilovejen
    7 months ago

Chips and dents very easily, I would not recommend

• HU-48016183
    6 months ago

We installed this floor in Chapel Bridge Oak in the fall of 2021 and right away there were noticable chips! We have 2 small dogs and one is older with bladder issues, even though the area where he would pee would be wiped up immediately, that area has buckled/warped so it is obvious the floor is not waterproof at all. This was not a cheap purchase and we thought we were buying a quality product that would hold up to many years of living in the home. We installed a very inexpensive LVP in the basement/family room area of the home and it is holding up VERY well in comparison to this product. We are now in the process of looking for a new floor (AGAIN) and will be much more cautious this time around! I would NOT recommend this product!

• Michele Steele
    6 months ago

Just checking in---our Durvana Bay Oak is still wonderful! Installed Dec 2021, almost 2 years.

• HU-888539163
    6 months ago

Man, its shame this floor looks so damn good. It chips like no ones business. Not that there are bullet proof LVPs out there.....but damn does this floor get damaged EASY.

• HU-888539163
    6 months ago

Another buyer beware for anyone looking into this flooring. This stuff chips like its no ones business. I've installed numerous LVP's, this one is no question the best looking and feeling of them all.....but this top coating is incredibly brittle. Just getting my cabinets and island finished up in the kitchen and found this beauty this morning. Pissed as can be.

• HU-345924840
    4 months ago

I cannot recommend enough for everyone to stay far away from this product as possible, and LL Flooring! They sold our contractor a huge amount of it for a whole remodel, and the product did not make quality inspection, so they didn't release it. Then they sent out more and let it pass. It was the same flooring. It has chipped all over, and not just the edges, right in the middle of planks. LL will not do anything to fix it. And on the edge of a pattern repeat, there is an off opaque flaw in the finish. So every few planks, you can see the irregular texture...What warranty? Apparently non-existent. Now my poor contractor is having to go the Contractor's board in our state to try and get help to intervene and mediate. We are talking about over $15K in flooring that they have washed their hands to...

• HU-448173968
    4 months ago

I loved how the floor looked and trusted LL Flooring, even though the product was new. That was an almost 16,000 dollar mistake! My floor is buckling eveywhere and its a trip hazard. Wish I could attach videos because it is crazy! Some of the floor is 4-5 inches high and is dangerous to walk on! Oh and this is the second time this has happened. Just alot worse this time!

• HU-162697755
    3 months ago

I'm a contractor in Saratoga Springs, NY. I've got a lot of years in contracting, but I'm no primo donna-I READ DIRECTIONS !! You have to install as the manufacturer suggests. You don't second guess them ! There's a couple of extra steps involved that CAN'T be bypassed ! We just completed 1000sf home and it turned out beautiful ! Pix upon request. (518)330-4490

• HU-448173968
    3 months ago

I used one of LL floorings installers. it was beautiful at first and then it started. He’s already been out once.

• Richard Frascati
    3 months ago

Purchased Sagrada Oak duravana flooring and used their installer. NIGHTMARE. Installed abour 1.5 years ago, already replaced entire first floor through warranty, took FOREVER. Littersly a year. Now- fast forward, the second installation the floors are seperating at the seems. They were supposed to replace ALL, but corporate refused installer entire shipment of materials, forced to reuse old pieces. (arguing again, i have a signed document all was supposed to be replaced.) Now pieces are chipping on the edges since the old needed to be broken from the other planks. Warranty will take MONTHS. Not worth the headaches.

• HU-448173968
    3 months ago

Yeah their case manager told me that expanding isnt part of the warranty. I have three months left on the install warranty. The installer came today to fix everything. I will see it tomorrow. They tried to say it was an installer problem, but that isn’t the case. I know I’m going to have issues with LL and I already have an attorney just in case! I think they should replace everything with a better floor and install it, all free of charge! They definitely got over on me and I see many others too. 🤦‍♀️ I will say the floor is beautiful, just not a good product. This was before it started bowing.

• Richard Frascati
    3 months ago

In the past year and a half the installer has probably been to my house 11 times. Mine is 100% a combo of product and installer issues. There has to be 20 or so planks all throughout separating.

• Richard Frascati
    3 months ago

I have ones were you can move a nickel around in it

• Jnette Lloyd
    3 months ago
    last modified: 3 months ago

People on this Houzz thread ought to unite and file a class action lawsuit against Lumber Liquidators for the shoddy product they continue to misrepresent as well as their phony warranty. I decided against the Duravana product because even though there were very few reviews most of them reported chipping. I was also influenced by family members to buy from Floor and Decor. My flooring was installed by an amateur and I’ve had zero problems. I am very happy with the Nucore cork back vinyl plank I bought for around $2.79 sqft that is now $3.19 sqft and I get lots of compliments. Lumber Liquidators should discontinue the Duravana product that has so many problems and quit scamming people out of thousands of dollars and causing so much strife and headaches.

• HU-448173968
    3 months ago

I agree and I should have listened. My family was concerned due to it being so new and not many reviews. I thought the floor was so beautiful and the color was perfect! I’m down to file a suit so if anyone is interested, lets do it!

• PRO
    New England Traditions
    last month

As a builder, I have personally installed this type of flooring. In the beginning, I used ti have to use a tapping block and or a small piece of the flooring (as instructed per the directions). Now, Duravana/LL Flooring has a tapping block specifically designed for installing Duravana flooring. The chipping on the edges is usually from poor installation. ALSO, I have noticed that every so often, a board will have excess lamination over hanging the edge. If you don't lightly sand that down and try to install it as is, it will chip. Duravana is a fragile product until it has been properly installed. Also, I have noticed in several photos that were posted that the boards are not even fastened together properly which tells me that it was installed improperly. As another contractor stated in the comments, read the directions. I install Duravana floors often and have had no issues. Stop watching HGTV and ask a pro.

• Dewan Thornberry
    last month

Professional installer............... Chips like crazy using the traditional tapping block method. I switched to a softer plastic block and dont really have any problems. I see it says to use a scrap piece locked in as a buffer for tapping which I'm an idiot for not seeing. A classic case of being "over-qualified"....I'm embarrassed and have fixed my mistakes so far but I added at least another day to this job. My help will need this trick but if it chips this easy installing it- it aint gonna last. Its a true laminate and laminates have been pretty much phased out by vinyl for many of the reasons listed above. My customer would sure be dissapointed to see this. He paid an awful lot for this floor.

• HU-772978886
    14 days ago

Well this thread has terified me!! i currently have 40 boxes of Lake worth oak sitting in front of me ready to be installed by LL floorings installers in our whole first floor in three days! we walked into that store asking for the best, most resilient, going to last us 50yrs flooring and this is what they said we needed.

we have already paid in full, anything i can do? are we basically scrued?

• Cyp Jab
    14 days ago

No, you're not scrued [sic]. I installed the same flooring, been two years and it is holding up pretty well. I soaked a piece of it in water for 2 weeks, it didn't change at all. It does chip if not installed properly (instructions online) and if a sharp object falls on it. Chips can be repaired with wood glue. Besides, wood floors get dented too. Anyhow, I am happy with my installation. By the way, the samples I got for this floor (Lake Worth Oak) was made in Germany. I would think this flooring is made in Germany.