SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shead

Help needed with window treatment and room design!

shead
10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago
We did an extensive house remodel/gut last year and installed this large window (I know, I know, it's huge, but there were issues with the exterior and this is what we got!) We love being able to look out to our front yard and had no intentions of window treatments at first as to not block the view or disturb the trim work (which we LOVE!). However, the late afternoon sun is causing issues and we'd like to have something that will be open and allow as much "glass" to show the majority of the time but still have the flexibility to cover the window for sun/privacy. I'm leaning toward panels, but because the window is so wide (9 feet wide), would one panel on each side look too skimpy? I'm afraid that if I put two panels on each side, virtually both sidelights will end up being covered up. However, I'm afraid that woven shades will ruin the aesthetics of the window and trim work.

Secondly, I'd love input on decorating and furniture arrangement. I can't afford new sofas at this point, although I'd love ones that are more neutral. I've tried to tone them down with new pillows. Artwork behind sofa can go. I'm thinking that two club chairs in front of the window with a table between would work. Need help with color for rug.....corner fireplace is making this who setup more difficult than I imagined, but I'm considering having a rectangle rug so that one corner would follow the lines of the fireplace heart. Would that look weird?

TIA for any and all helpful advice!

Comments (33)