SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
spinningwater

My Marriage & Toilet Plunger Placement / Storage

spinningwater
10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago
The dirtiest tool in the house. Worse then the dish sponge. My husband has purchased dozens of designer toilet plungers to help appease my distress with having it stored next to the toilet. I repeatedly request / demand that it be transported and stored in a plastic bag in the garage and rinsed off outside with the garden hose. I DONT WANT IT IN THE HOUSE & I REFUSE TO TOUCH IT!

When my husband uses it he rinses it out in the ( what he says is the clean toilet water ) now clog free toilet water and places right back into the holder next to the toilet. Gross!

We've actually had several, nasty, heated exchanges over this issue.

His argument is that if the toilet clogs, either from him or a guest, then they either have to ask for a plunger, pretent they didn't do it and just spontaneously make a excuse that they have to leave and whisk out of the house, or, he has to go to the garage and sneak past guests with a plunger in his hand and announce to everybody that the toilet is clogged.

We had this conversation with some close friends, and some leave their plunger in the bathroom in a linen closet or under the sink. I'm appauled to find out that some rinse in the sink or shower / tub. Yuck! Who are these people!

Suggestion please

Comments (362)