Tell me about any birds you've seen recently
8 months ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (38)
- 8 months ago
- 8 months agolast modified: 8 months ago
Related Discussions
Places where you've seen great trees, landscaping?
Comments (6)I absolutely LOVE the live oaks at the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens. There's a slightly wild area across the street from their famous Rose Garden and the paths are lined with these phenomenal live oaks. I shouldn't call it wild because it's where they have their test gardens for their iris' but it isn't as manicured as most of the areas, so I guess that's one of the things I really love about it. And the live oaks. Last time I was there I was standing in front of one of them talking to it about what a beautiful tree it was and I realized that there was a camera located on a pole about 20 feet from where I was standing. So I guess some BG potentates got a laugh that day. Talks to trees! Cheryl...See MoreHave you bought products you've seen on TV?
Comments (28)If anybody gives that new Hurricane spin mop a try, post back as to how it worked for you (or didn't!). There has been an infomercial on it recently. I dislike probably ever mop I've bought -- the string mop, the mop that has strips of a felt-like microfiber (like the Wonder Mop, like Libman makes), the sponge mop (I can never get the replacement sponges in easily). I don't use Swiffers anymore, but I do use a Libman Freedom Soft Mop, with the cloths you pull off the mop head and toss into the washing machine. Here is a link that might be useful: Hurricane Spin Mop...See MoreShow or tell about your recent pleasant surprises
Comments (25)My most recent good surprise is Pinata. I agonized over and researched getting a rose for a shady spot. Pinata was the only one that said "preferred" shade in the reviews. I saw the blooms at High Country Roses but was not smitten. Too small and not that gorgeous. In the end I got it anyways. The bloom I have is a greenhouse bloom since it was set in the green house but my oh my, it is gorgeous and long lasting. Here is was Sat. Aug. 31. The size was much bigger than I anticipated. More of a smaller large bloom than even a larger medium bloom. Here it is Sun. 9/1/19 Wed. 9/3/19 Yesterday Friday 9/6/19 Then today, a full week after blooming it is losing one petal. Sat. 9/7/19. I love it when a rose ages gracefully. To me the bloom is still gorgeous at the end. And lasting a full week is appealing to me also. I hope it behaves the same when it gets established. We put this rose in without much enthusiasm and much backward and sideways looking for something that I liked better and it turns out I like it quite a bit. So it is a happy surprise....See MoreHOUSE TOUR: The Most Glamorous Home You've Ever Seen
Comments (15)The homeowner actually reminds me very much of my BFF who is also Greek, both in her taste and actually her appearance as well. The house was a little too much for me but I liked almost all of the components. I think she went overboard with white paint—- painting the brick floor of the enclosed patio is sacrilege, like painting those lovely dining chairs white. The whole effect of the blinding white was like a whitewashed hotel on Santorini, but maybe that was her inspiration. I noticed things she has that I also have: upholstered side chairs with wood frames carved to look like bamboo, Waterford jasper ware, blue and white export china vases and urns, white ceramic garden stools used as drinks tables next to armchairs, pink /green / white plates, her wicker console in the pool house is the same one I have in storage (hers was painted white and mine is natural), and the ceiling light in her bedroom (that she bought at a resale shop for $95, lol) was hanging in our last home’s foyer. She also has some items I would LOVE to have, notably an entire set of Rothschild Bird china, and very weirdly, I was looking at those bird glasses on Amazon last week. I must be a fancy grandma wannabe!...See More- 8 months agolast modified: 8 months ago
- 8 months ago
- 8 months ago
- 8 months agolast modified: 8 months ago
- 8 months ago
- 8 months ago
- 8 months agolast modified: 8 months ago
- 8 months ago
- 8 months ago
- 8 months ago
- 8 months ago
- 8 months ago
- 8 months ago
- 8 months ago
- 8 months ago
- 8 months ago
- 8 months agolast modified: 8 months ago
- 8 months agolast modified: 8 months ago
- 8 months ago
- 8 months agolast modified: 8 months ago
- 8 months ago
- 8 months ago
- 8 months ago
- 7 months agolast modified: 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months agolast modified: 7 months ago
- 7 months agolast modified: 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months agolast modified: 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
Related Stories

BATHROOM MAKEOVERSHouzz Call: Tell Us About Your Bathroom Remodel!
Did you recently redo your bath? Please tell us about your upgrade and what it took to get there
Full Story
CONTAINER GARDENSPatio-Perfect Berry Bushes Like You’ve Never Seen
Small enough for pots but offering abundant fruit, these remarkable bred berries are a boon for gardeners short on space
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNHouzz Call: Tell Us About Your First Kitchen
Great or godforsaken? Ragtag or refined? We want to hear about your younger self’s cooking space
Full Story
COFFEE WITH AN ARCHITECTWhat My Kids Have Taught Me About Working From Home
Candy and Legos aren't the only things certain small people have brought to my architecture business
Full Story
FEEL-GOOD HOMEGuys Tell Us About Their Favorite Places at Home
For Father’s Day, Houzz men show us the places in their homes where they like to hang out
Full Story
GARDENING FOR BIRDSWhat to Know About Birds Nesting in Your Yard
Learn how to observe, record data and help ornithologists with NestWatch’s citizen science project understand bird trends
Full Story
FUN HOUZZHouzz Call: Tell Us About Your Dream House
Let your home fantasy loose — the sky's the limit, and we want to hear all about it
Full Story
FALL GARDENINGWhat Monarch Butterflies Taught Me About Garden Design
Thinking like a butterfly leads to fresh perspectives in the garden and in life
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESRadiator Covers Like You’ve Never Seen
From custom to DIY, these 10 ideas will help the radiator blend in, become a storage standout or both
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESBackyard Birds: Northern Cardinals in the Snow, and Other Red Birds
Brilliant crimson feathers make these friends stand out in a crowd
Full Story
















littlebug Zone 5 Missouri