February 2026--What are we reading?
8 months ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (77)
- 8 months ago
- 8 months ago
Related Discussions
What's in Store for February Reading?
Comments (112)cece, the Marie Louise memoir first came out in a Penguin paperback. That's the one I have. If you can't find it, I'd be happy to send it to you, although my copy is tattered, since I got it second-hand. Dyno, I did not discover Hesse's "Demian" until I was well into adulthood. I liked it a lot, but even more, I loved his "Narcisse & Goldmunde." I know these books were cult lit in my youth, but somehow, I read his "Steppenwolf" instead and missed these. I really admire Hesse's writings, in general. The older I get, the more subtle and timeless they seem....See MoreFrozen February -what are you reading?
Comments (132)I just finished "The Invention of Wings" by Sue Monk Kidd, my first "book club" book. This is not my usual pick, so I went into it without a lot of expectation. Surprisingly, however, I liked it. I thought it was well written, the tale of two women bound by the society they live in - one the daughter of a plantation owner, the other, of course, a slave. I wanted to keep reading and enjoyed the story, but I have to say that I don't generally like books in which not a lot of good things happen. Call me an escapist! I suppose the ending could be considered a happy one...sort of, but is the pay off after all the suffering of the whole book worth it? For me, no, but then, that's just the type of reader I am...! Onto "Crocodile on the Sandbank," by Elizabeth Peters....See MoreFebruary Brings the Rain and New Books to Read
Comments (88)That's interesting, Donna. And I don't doubt for a minute that the author is correct, considering our current political environment. I certainly prefer to read about characters with flaws, because characters without flaws are just not very interesting. BUT in the 'Harriet' book, it's the narrator (who I don't think of as a character) that is bothering me. This narrator speaks directly to the protagonist in second person, and here is an example that bothers me: ...You miss the sense of purpose and the vitality of downtown. You miss lunching at the Continental. Most of all, you miss having a career, some other yardstick besides household cleanliness by which to measure yourself. In a month or so, you'll have all that. Look at you, controlling your own destiny! You've done your work: typed those letters fastidiously (eighty words per minute; you haven't lost a beat), licked those envelopes, delivered those resumes (in person, dressing the part perfectly). ... There is no mention that Harriet wrote the letters and resume - only that she typed, licked envelopes, and delivered them while nicely dressed. I mean really, would the narrator say those words to a man who had done exactly the same thing? And the "Look at you..." sentence is just downright condescending. BUT if the narrator is to be considered a character ... well, then he (presumably "he") is just a character I don't like....See MoreWhat are you reading? February 2024 Edition
Comments (60)Just finished The Winter Soldier. I liked it very much, 4 stars. Thanks to those who mentioned it in the January thread. You guys have the best recommendations. I was hoping for a different ending, but it was a just ending. It's the first Daniel Mason book I've read and love his writing. Straightforward but evocative. I have North Woods on hold. Turns out Mason is my daughter's age and is from Palo Alto....See More- 8 months ago
- 8 months ago
- 8 months agolast modified: 8 months ago
- 8 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months agolast modified: 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months agolast modified: 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months agolast modified: 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months agolast modified: 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months agolast modified: 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months agolast modified: 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
Related Stories

HOUZZ TV5 Home Design Trends Defining 2026
Watch a short video then read about the colors, materials and aging-in-place features shaping homes this year
Full Story
HOUZZ TV5 Big Furniture Trends for 2026
Watch a short video and read about the furniture styles, shapes and colors poised to define homes in the coming year
Full Story0

LATEST NEWS FOR PROFESSIONALS5 Trends in Countertops and Other Surfaces Shaping 2026
See products from the 2026 KBIS trade show bringing new looks, patterns and finishes
Full Story
LATEST NEWS FOR PROFESSIONALSWhat’s New in Tile for 2026
Bold color, natural tones and multidimensional surfaces were featured in new collections at the recent TISE trade show
Full Story
TILEWhat’s New in Tile for 2026
Bold color, natural tones and multidimensional surfaces were featured in new collections at the recent TISE trade show
Full Story
EVENTS5 Trends in Countertops and Other Surfaces Shaping 2026
See products from the 2026 KBIS trade show bringing new looks, patterns and finishes
Full Story
MONTHLY HOME CHECKLISTSTo-Dos: Your February Home Checklist
Keep your home fresh and organized this month while you plan for warmer days ahead
Full Story
LATEST NEWS FOR PROFESSIONALS12 Trends Spotted at the 2026 Milan Furniture Fair
Comfortable modular sofas, touchable textures, and shades of green and blue stood out at the recent Salone del Mobile
Full Story0

EVENTS12 Trends Spotted at the 2026 Milan Furniture Fair
Comfortable modular sofas, touchable textures, and shades of green and blue stood out at the recent Salone del Mobile
Full Story0

EVENTS7 Kitchen Design Trends for 2026 From Milan
At EuroCucina, kitchens connected to the rest of the home through rounded forms, new finishes and innovative materials
Full Story0
Sponsored
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida
ginny12Original Author