SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katie_strathmann

Shelves or sconce?

Katie S
12 days ago

We have been in a temp kitchen for 10 months due to a leak and failed start with one contracor. We are finally starting construction on a 10 by 20 kitchen addition and I am second guessing many things that i have decided on over the last year. We need to decide on some design aspects on our wall with a triple window over our sink. Initially, i really wanted some small wooden floating shelves flanking the window for plants and a pop of color. I also love the idea of 3 gold sconces or pendants from the back wall or ceiling over the window. i was pretty set on this until it hit me hard today that we will need some sort of window treatment on this large window area, due to privacy.. That alone has me completely stuck becasue whatever route I choose (i dont like any of them), i feel like way too much will be happening on that window with the shelves, backsplash, lights, and curtains/blinds. what do i give up? i could do floating shelves near the cooktop instead, but that wouldnt work for plants. i can do without the lights too, but still want some design element on that wall/window. Please help! Ive included pics of the shelf idea as well as rhe lights. Thank you!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022