SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ashleyphillips13

Help with new build layout

Ashley Schipper
25 days ago
last modified: 25 days ago

Edited to add that we will be taking these plans to an architect
We are building a house on the same foundation as our current very old home. Dimensions are 17x21 on the east side and 16x29 on the west side. There is a jut out on the front of 8ft. It faces south with lots of light and not trees blocking the windows. It's a 3 bedroom. We want our own bath, the kids bath and a powder downstairs. We have 4 kids. 2 girls, 2 boys that will be sharing rooms.We want our bedroom on the south jut out on the front. Our home overlooks a river on that side. And my husband does not want a side door. Just the front door and a sliding back door. We are very very casual people. So we have no need for a foyer that doesn't get used. So the front entry will serve as the main place for bags, coats and shoes.I love the look of 4 square homes and colonial homes with rooms with walls and French pocket doors separating the rooms. I don't want an open concept home. I want to be able to sit in the kitchen and not see or hear what all of my kids are doing in the living room. I love most of the floor plan but I'm having trouble with the front entry.

Comments (11)