SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rockybird

Keep this prep sink or get rid of it?

rockybird
29 days ago
last modified: 29 days ago

I have kind of an oddly arranged kitchen. I have new cabinet fronts coming in and a new 9’ long island. You can’t tell from the photos, but the darkly stained wood does not look the best up close.

I want to replace the island sink or maybe get rid of it. The current sink is 14” wide. I think if I replace it, I should go a little bigger? What are some good brands other than Julien (I love my Julien kitchen sink, but too expensive to put one in the island).

Part of me wonders if I even need the island sink. I dont use it except to fill the dog water bowls, but I also don’t cook My friend who cooks says she used it a lot when she was here. The co. putting in the cabinets likes how it balances the cooktop. I admit that I do too. I could look at moving the cooktop to the center if I remove the sink.

I really hate ss because of the hard water here, but I don’t think I have a choice. I have mint color sinks for the pantry area and the bar. I considered for the island, but they don’t make the smaller sizes anymore. Maybe I am overthinking all this!

Thank you!

Comments (16)