SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen0305

Sliding Glass Backsplash - Hardware Help!

Hi, I’m building a recessed, hidden appliance garage in my new kitchen due to space issues. I need help finding the hardware necessary!

The backsplash will be solid glass panels. The only solution I can think of is to slide the panels left and right, behind the fixed panel behind the stove. (I won’t get into why, but it cannot slide up behind upper cabinets or down and hinging out won’t really work either due to space limitations).

I don’t want a track at the bottom, instead I would like the countertop to seamlessly extend into the “hidden” section, and avoid any crumbs getting into a track there.

I’m thinking the glass panels could be attached to some kind of hanging track….think like a barn door design. Does anyone know of a tutorial on how to do this?? Or know the hardware I would need to achieve this?

Please see the picture of my kitchen design, my inspiration picture of the sliding panels with spices behind (although in my case the one side would go back further to hold appliances), and a picture of a glass backsplash to give you the feel I’m going for with the backsplash.

Thanks for any help!

Comments (10)