SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bmfjimbo

End-unit townhouse backyard landscape design help

bmfjimbo
last month

Hello everyone,

I am looking for some ideas on redesigning the entire backyard of my end-unit townhouse backyard. Here are some details of the yard:

34’-8” x 28’-8” front to back.

The home used to have a very large old concrete patio that was attached directly to the home. I removed the entire patio and installed grass to make a yard for my kids to play in. We also hated the patio close to the house because of the A/C unit which makes conversation very difficult when it was running. One of my big issues is storage space as townhouses do not have garages. I currently have a 7’-6” x 7’-6” suncast shed that is packed full even with custom shelving with a 2ft min setback from the fence line as required by the township.

We also put up an intex pool that currently covers 16ft x 10’-6”. I may want to go bigger as it was a huge hit for my kids, age 5 & 10, this past summer.

Is there someway I can incorporate a bigger shed, possibly 2 sheds (under 100sf each, no permits required) and some kind of patio area towards the back fence line while maintaining some sort of place space for the kids. It was so aggravating last year having to constantly move the toys and such around all year so the grass wouldn’t die and or to cut the grass. I think I’m asking for too much and won’t be able to have both a play space and patio.

Any ideas? Btw, I do all the work myself. TIA

See attached photos of the yard as it is now.

Comments (9)