SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wendy_mcgrath5

1994 Original - Primary Bath Remodel Layout - HELP!!!

Wendy McGrath
last month

I have a long and narrow primary bathroom that has all original 1994 builder grade finishes - including carpet! I would like to remodel and make better use of the layout. There is a lot of wasted space and weird areas. I have attached a pdf of the layout that I created (please note that measurements are not exact, but within an inch or so).

A couple of things to note:

• The bathroom is on the 2nd floor
  • The bathroom is sandwiched between a walk in closet (same length and width as the bathroom) and very large master bedroom
  • I would like to keep the plumbing moves to a minimum (or not at all) to keep costs down
  • I would like to add a pocket door to the toilet area (note the walls for the shower and current toilet wall do not line up - weird)
  • Keep the vanity where it is, but there is wasted space on the wall opposite of the current vanity
  • Would LOVE to move the washer/dryer to the area where the garden tub is currently, but not sure the cost and complexity would be worth it (washer and dryer currently on main floor)
  • Exterior wall on the left (where garden tub is) with a small "octagon shaped window" that I am replacing with a "normal" window.

Comments (7)