SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jigar_kadakia53

Need help with the layout of the theatre room

J k
last month

Hi all, need some guidance from experts out here on the forum.

Currently I have a carved out space for a theater and a gaming room right next to each other in basement as seen in the below floor plan. There is a drywall partition and the north exterior wall, but the remaining perimeter walls are concrete (since its in basement).

This is a mountain home that will be on short term rental - and had carved out theater and gaming room for guest experience.

The flooring is LVP, and am going to have a dark color painted on all the walls / ceiling.

My question is for the group is -

1. Which one is the optimum wall for TV? A, B, C or D? I initially had plan to put the TV on wall C....but need ideas and recommendations

2. Based on the position of TV, what is recommendation for the sectional sofa and additional seating for the room

3. Also, what kind of speakers? Just 3.1 system? Left, right, center and sub? Any ceiling speaker recommendation?

4. Any need / recommendation for wall treatment for improved sound performance?

5. Any specific recommendation for system /speakers for simplicity considering it to be a short term rental?

5. Or a radical idea - Do I keep the game and theater room separate like right now built? Or is there a benefit to take down the partition, have games (like Foosball table, Ski ball, arcade games and others) in the game room section but without the wall? Any benefit to TV placement and room / seating orientation?

Thanks!

Comments (3)