SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dreams76

Anyone know who to contact for Brick Staining in Oregon?

dreams76
last month

I am looking for brick staining. And before everyone jumps on me and tells me to leave the brick alone, brick staining is entirely different than painting brick as the stain soaks into the brick and becomes a part of the brick. There is no upkeep like paint which is a coating on the outside. So I have been searching and searching for someone in my area who does this. This old house had a segment on it, so I know it exists and there are products out there-- I just can't find professionals who do this work in my area. Would this fall under a concrete stainer professional? Would it be a brick restoration, masons (regular paint guys don't know what I am talking about). I would do it myself, but I have a few concerns. Mainly how to prep the surface for it. I read something about disolving a sealant if there is one on the surface and that is exactly the type of work I hate doing. (working with checmical solvents). Anyone do this yourself and how did you prep it? Was there a sealant and did you have to disolve it? Did you just pressure wash it and it was good to go? Thanks!

Comments (2)