SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brenda_courneya

how to decorate living room with angled wall

Brenda C.
last month

We are building this retirement house and | would appreciate help with the living room furniture layout. (especially how to deal with the angled wall) All the furniture will be new, so I would love suggestions for that as well. The only pieces we need to incorporate are a grandfather's clock and an ivory coloured piano. As it is a new build, changes can still be made - walls, windows, style and location of fireplace, etc. The French doors on the angled wall can be changed too - perhaps they should slide rather than open inwards - or have only one door open? Another problem is we need to find a place for the tv because my husband doesn't want to go downstairs to the family room to watch tv - lol. I thought we could perhaps eliminate the window beside the fireplace to make room for tv unit? Not a big fan of the tv above the fireplace look but any and all suggestions very welcome. Would also love suggestions for colour, flooring, etc. Leaning towards engineered hardwood and tile. Favourite colour is navy blue. Looking for an inviting space, not too formal. Thank you so much!

Brenda's ideas · More Info

Comments (17)