SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mikischmal

Kitchen (painted) cabinet color, walls color schemes

Miki Schmal
2 months ago

My home is about 40 years old, moved in a year or so ago and I’m ready for a change. they currently are a medium yellow and i want to go with some shade of gray to coordinate with my furniture and accessories. I‘m repainting kitchen cabinets and all walls except 3 main floor bedrooms.

I’m considering a darker gray/beige for cabinets (they aren't in very good shape but with elbow grease, I’ll be able to get them to look nice. Currently, they are stained dark brown). I want the kitchen walls to be light gray or gray/beige family with darker gray for dining area and living room (fortunately, the way the walls come together, it’ll be easy to change up paint color between kitchen and dining room which are open concept but all on smaller side). The color I choose for dining area and living room will also go down a long hallway (off the kitchen) to the bedrooms. I have white baseboards, doors and woodwork around doors. The hardwood floors are lighter brown and countertops have some gray, beige with specs of dark brown with a very small amount of black specs. I plan to change out hardware to matte silver.

thank you for any suggestions, i really dont know where to start with color and i have my heart on the gray family of color.

attached photos.

Comment

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner