SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_29620744

Sunroom furniture layout and etc

Jean
2 months ago
last modified: 2 months ago

Hi, looking for help for our unheated & uncooled sunroom. We will be buying new furniture for it....the question is what to get. We are in analysis paralysis. We would like a table and chairs, and then some kind of seating. The porch is right off the patio, and DH and I can visualize coming in from the yard, sitting, and having a drink during a break from yardwork. The original plan was to have a nice comfy porch swing, a small table and chairs, and to mount a tv above the electric fireplace. However, that now seems like it will be too high for comfortable tv viewing, so maybe a console with the tv on top would be better. The place we would put the console seems to be right where the swing was supposed to be. So then we thought, well instead of the swing, maybe get an sofa & loveseat, or 4 chairs around a coffee table. I would also like to add some kind of window treatments to soften the space a bit, and perhaps darken it if DH wants to watch tv out there in the middle of the day. So, questions for everyone are 1) Swing, or Sofa and Loveseat, or 4 Chairs, or something else? 2) Window treatments - Shades? Drapes? 3) Rug size? Our house is transitional, leaning toward traditional. The flooring is PA Bluestone. Thanks a bunch.

Note- I can't seem to post this in Design Dilemma, not sure why.

Comments (3)