SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
malini_ratnam

Pool resurfacing estimate

M R
2 months ago

I currently have an aggregate pool surface - which is almost 10 years old and the small pebbles are starting to get into the pool and cleaner etc. I have been getting some estimates to resurface the pool and have received everything between limestone, travertine and spray deck. The surface around the pool isn't much (pic attached) so I am thinking of doing the spray deck. Below is the estimate from one of the contractors. I would like to know if this is clear or if there are anything that I should have them add or clarify, since some aspects feel a bit uncl;ear to me. I would appreciate if anyone can help me decide?

DEMO AND REMOVAL OF AGGREGATE OVERLAY $ 2,110.50

SPRAY DECK OVERLAY . $ 4,221.00
-Float concrete layer over aggregate.
-Apply new texture coat.
-Install SGM color seal spray deck paint.
-COLOR CHOICE: TBD
-SQUARE FEET:603
*This will not repair any structural cracks in concrete base. These will eventually show through the overlay.

TRADITIONAL WHITE PLASTER . $ 5,300.00
-Drain Swimming Pool
-Prep Pool with Bond Coat
-Repair any Hollow Spots if necessary. **Note, hollow spots indicate deeper issues with past coating work, and require extra work and expense to proceed with installation.**
-Install new pool return eyeball fittings and drain covers
-Remove Pool Lights from fixtures and rest on deck during plaster installation. Re-insert in their fixtures upon completion, or during first day of plaster start up.
-Pool Linear Feet: 91-Includes Spa
*If a pool has more than one layer of plaster, the likelihood of hollow areas goes up significantly, it’s crucial that all hollow areas are removed to ensure reliable bonding and to maintain a long life for the new surface. All added chip out is an additional cost per layer of plaster and percentage of pool needing to be chipped out.1.000 Each

AFTER PLASTER CARE . $ 350.00
PLASTER STARTUP
-Daily visit brushing, testing, and balancing chemicals for a week following pool refill.
-Backwash filter as needed.
-Fully disassemble and clean filter during this process.1.000 Each

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living