SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dovecasey

Exterior repaint suggestions

3 months ago

Looking to repaint exterior this summer and possibly replace the double garage door with one single large door (faux wood or painted). Currently, the wood siding is stained in redwood color, the soffit is painted forest green. Windows are also forest green, with a combination of either painted wood trim or forest green aluminum. (Photo 1) We live in a ski town, so setting can handle rustic or color, but I dont want to go too dark as the porch and overhang make front of house dark already. I have been told that if i paint the window trim, they can only go dark or darker than current, not lighter.

Have been considering a few options:

1. monochromatic siding, soffit and windows all forest green but making garage door and some of the porch and side beams natural wood in a medium stain. (Sort of like Photo 2)
  2. grey or slate blue siding, with medium/dark brown on windows and soffit - and a stained wood on new garage door. (Photo 3)
  3. splitting up the paint on siding with two colors, one on house and a different color on garage, like a creamy white on house and a more olive green on garage. Windows and soffit go with the olive green. (Photo 4)

Any favorites or other suggestions? Thanks

Comments (4)