SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_928297542

Pendant lights/Window coverings/Cabinet colors

Ang
3 months ago

Hello!

We are doing a remodel and I need some design advice, please :)

Notes:

• Appliances are staying and are stainless steel
  • Hardware changing to oil rubbed bronze which will match the rest of the house
  • This is the lighting fixture we chose for above our dining table. It will be our statement piece https://www.statewidelightingreno.com/brand-hinkley/medium-six-light-open-frame-linear/sku-V87-3068gg
  • Tile will be an ivory color with griege veining - matte, porcelain, 16x32
  • Wall paint will be much lighter, something like SW Greek Villa or Alabaster - open to suggestions
  • Cabinets will be refaced to Beechwood on Maple (mfr: Cabdoor)
  1. I’m looking for ideas for pendant lights in terms of sizing. I’m thinking 11-15” in diameter and I seem to prefer water glass or seeded glass since it’s easier for cleaning (and I like the look). I’ll include pics with dimensions of our island. Dimensions are of cabinets so they’re close to the dimensions of the center of the island. I’m open to something with metal, but my goal is for them to provide more room light, not task lighting.
  2. I need to get rid of the shutters in front of my sink. They’re wood and they are splintering and peeling from water splashing. I have a couple ideas and one is to level that backsplash in front of the sink for direct access to the windowsill. Then maybe adding some white wood blinds or something else just in front of the window. I don’t know. What do you think would look nice? Is leveling it a bad idea? I’m also planning on putting a matching pendant over the sink.
  3. We are thinking of getting new countertops and I think quartzite would be best given durability and low maintenance. Any thoughts on that?
  4. What do you think of the choice of our cabinet stain?

I’m having analysis paralysis…

Thanks in advance for your help and constructive criticism! :)

Comments (17)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012