SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arlosmom

Leather sofas -- too much leather? Help me pick couches!!!

arlosmom
3 months ago
last modified: 3 months ago

Hi all, we are looking to replace the two sofas in our living room. We could use some advice. Our old slip covered sofas are slumpy and worn out and they have to go!! We have two dogs, so my inclination is to either get two more slip covered sofas, or switch to leather. I think we want two identical sofas. We already have a vintage leather Siesta chair that we love and plan to keep.

We went sofa shopping yesterday, hit 5 stores and sat on many, many sofas. We're both leaning toward the Pierson leather sofa from Room and Board. The size is good, we love the base and the lines of the sofa. It's super comfortable. I requested a bunch of of leather samples and am waiting for them to arrive.

My concern is that all of our living room seating would then be leather. Is that too much? The Siesta chair is deep brown leather and we would probably order deep gray or black leather for the new sofas.

Our style is mostly organic modern I guess. We like mcm, patina, comfortable, natural, and clean lines. Our living space is mostly open with dining and living fully visible from each other and kiitchen continuing just out of view. It's not a large space. I'm probably looking for sofas 80-85" in length.

I'm attaching photos of the current room. Let me know what you think! (photos weren't staged, so ignore any messes)

The cardboard thing in the back right corner is a mock up for a freestanding woodstove that has since been installed. We have also replaced the front door with a glass one since this photo.

Here is a link to the sofa we really like: Room and Board Pierson leather sofa

Comments (11)