SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kpsherwin

Too much leather?

kpsherwin
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

We're in the middle of renovating our living room, and I don't know what to do about the chairs and ottoman. We've picked out a sofa with chaise in a light gray fabric, and we'd like to have a square leather ottoman. My initial plan was to do one club chair and one accent chair, one upholstered and one leather.

I included a few photos below. The first photo is an inspiration pic and shows the color scheme I like. Rather than the wood coffee table, I'd prefer a leather cocktail ottoman and use wood for a console table or cabinet under the tv. The next two pics are mock ups to show the general furniture layout I think will work in the room. I thought that the leather chair might be better next to the sofa though since the placement by the windows would likely destroy the leather pretty quickly. But then it's closer to the ottoman. Will that be too much leather too close together? Or look awkward since the sizes would be way out of proportion to each other. I feel stuck! TIA!

Also, I'm not buying any of the furniture in the modsy pics, and I don't necessarily think the chairs and ottoman are the right choices, style-wise. They're basically placeholders for now.

Comments (4)