SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_212898206

solid wood versus fibreglass front entry door

Terri Corso
3 months ago

Hi folks, I desperately need advice on our front entry door. We are going back-and-forth between a solid mahogany door and fiberglass. The first picture is of the garage man dr we selected. inspiration picture is shown below. Our opening is 42” x 8 feet plus two 14” sidelights. We live in Central Ontario and the front door is north facing and under a porch canopy.
The other consideration is the inspiration shows clear glass which I love but I would like to use some sort of obscured glass and I’m considering something not too busy like “rain” pattern or possibly a “light acid”?
What are peoples’ thoughts on door material and glass type?
There is also man-door on the adjacent garage wall, it has a large panel of glass in it as well and although it does not give you a huge sight line into the garage, I am considering obscuring that glass as well. Question, should the two obscured glasses match? They’re not right next to each other but they are at the front of the house and depending on where you stand in the driveway you can see both at the same time.

Comments (5)