SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
charles_leunig

RTA Beaded Inset Kitchen Cabinets

Charles Leunig
3 months ago

My wife and I are starting to plan a kitchen remodel in our latest house. The last kitchen I did (in our old house) back in 2017 was planned with design assistance and purchased through our local lumber yard. We wanted a high-end kitchen that would work well in our historic house on Eastern Long Island. We also wanted to go with beaded inset cabinetry, knowing full well that it would be very pricey. We ended up using a combination of Tedd Wood and Landmark cabinetry. I did the installation and it turned out great. We sold the house (the new kitchen definitely helped sell it) three years later, so my wife, who waited about 25 years for her new kitchen, only got to use it for a short time.

That said, we loved that kitchen and now would like to build a very similar one in our current house. I’m now considering going the RTA route to save money. I’m a retired industrial arts teacher, so time nor skills aren’t an issue in terms of assembling and installing new cabinets. In my research, I’m finding that there aren’t many RTA cabinet manufacturers who will build beaded inset cabinetry. The one that stands out is Cabinet Joint (Conestoga). I’m impressed by what I’ve read about them and like the fact that they will provide different levels of design assistance. I’m wondering if there are any other companies out there that do the same thing. From what I’ve read, other large RTA cabinet makers like Barker and Scherr don’t build inset cabinets. Interested to hear about what other options may exist out there. Thanks

Comment (1)